PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gigasguy said:
Still not working. Oh well.

get the files from my zip - and use that to downgrade to 3.2 following the guide.
Keep the wads u have on your SD card safe, and add them to my wads folder after and install ... follow every step

D

Deleted User

This thread is filled with non-searchers (Except djtaz, me, and the other guy with three stars rank).

I hate gigasguy, it's official.

If you paid an attention and SEARCHED first, you would know you need IOS38

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bugaveli said:
if you weould all search your problem weouldve been solved a long time ago. No one is going to just hand u what you want SEARCH like everyone else has to

Or you could answer his question or stfu? After the thread has gotten this big with multiple ppl asking you could go ahead and say search but also answer the question or just... ignore the thread.

Posts merged

QUOTE(bugaveli @ Jan 18 2009, 06:40 PM) if you weould all search your problem weouldve been solved a long time ago. No one is going to just hand u what you want SEARCH like everyone else has to

Or you could answer his question or stfu? After the thread has gotten this big with multiple ppl asking you could go ahead and say search but also answer the question or just... ignore the thread.

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to post this for what it's worth. All I ask is that you take it for what it is and nothing more....the truth. It's not meant as an insult in any way, or a childesh means of entertainment. Strictly the truth. 4 or 5 days ago I came across djtaz's tutorial http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html, noticing the 002 fix in the gamma loader. At the time my wii stood as this....3.2U, cIOS36 v7 (249), HomeBrew Channel (fully functional) with Apps (Wad Manager, Starfall,Backup Launcher, etc.) I also had a fully functional Wad Manager 1.31 Channel and Backup Launcher Channel as well. After I followed the steps in djtaz's tutorial I recieved this very same error when trying to access the files on my SD card through the Wad Manager CHANNEL. Had never seen it before untill this point. Everything went as epected on the install of everything. It should be noted that after I followed his tutorial I unistalled the Wad Manager Channel and the Backup Launcher Channel that I had previously been using, and intalled the channels that are in his dowloadable little package he's put together. Strangly, the Wad Manager 1.31 that runs as an APP through HomeBrew Channel still works perfectly. I tried everything I know of....uninstalled ALL hacks on wii reinstalled older (Previously Working Versions) back on wii. Nothing seems to fix this WadManager Channel Error Ret = -1. I'll be the first to admit....I have no idea what I'm doing to my wii. BUT....I'm also not shooting blindly. What I do is look for very detailed tutorials....then I read what people post....successes, failures, etc. When I feel that what so and so is providing is legit and safe, I follow the tutorial. Again, I don't know how any of this stuff works, I just know that it works. I give huge credit to you guys and girls who do put these hacks and mods together. With that in mind, if you post links to hacks, and you approve them, credit them, endorse them, whatever.....and for some unknown reason things go wrong....dont' shrug us off, call us newbs, accuse us doing something wrong. If you've got any idea how to fix it, please share. Any help and response is always appreciated. Otherwise....if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I can already forsee the negative reply's this will recieve, unfortunately there is always that group of chatters that think their crap don't stink. But to those with genuine knowledge of this error, thanks in advance to anything positive you might have to add.

fullstrength

ps - Here is what djtaz had to offer as a reply to my inquires....thanks again to him for his time

I recently updated from backup launcher 0.3 gamma to gamma 002 fix following steps mentioned in your tutorial. Thank you for DVD Dumper Wad and your cool BL Wad's. Unfortunately the Wad Manager channels are no longer working for me. The Wad Manager still works from the Homebrew Channel, but when I try to use the Wad Manager Channels I keep getting Error! Ret = -1. I'm using an 8 gig sdhc card, and like I said it works fine through HBC but not from the WM channel. Any ideas? Your response would be greatly appreciated.

fullstrength

you updated your wii with a nintendo update - your now on version 3.4 which blocks installing wads.

Thank you for your quick response, but with all do respect I have not updated my wii with anything from nintendo. I'm currently on 3.2U with Waninko's latest cIOS, waiting patiently for cSM to be released. As I mentioned Wad Manager 1.31 works perfectly through HBC but I can no longer (every since your tutorial where I uninstalled my Wad Manager Channel and replaced it with YOUR INCLUDED Wad Manager Channel) use the Wad Manager Channel. I've uninstalled/installed all Wad Manager Channels. The versions before 1.3 don't have support for my sdhc card so i've really been playing trying my different Wad Manager 1.3 Channels. If you don't have time to address this, I understand. I have attempted to find info about this "ERROR! ret = -1" but have only seen a couple of people with same problem yet no solutions yet. Any help is appreciated

fullstrength

Have you tried the wad manager from the homebrew channel ?
Do you have the SD card in the wii when you select the wad manager ?

Thanks again for your continued follow up. As previously mention, Wad Manager 1.31 is working perfectly in HBC (HomeBrew Channel). Yes the SDHC card is in the wii when I try to run Wad Manager Channel. The problem is very simple....every since I followed your tutorial the Wad Mannager Channels will not work on my wii.....it displays the following ERROR! ret = -1. I've tried uninstalling cIOS and reverting back to just cIOS and original Backup Loader Gamma (the one before 002 fix you provided) still not working....tried reinstalling 3.2U with Waninko's Dowgrader, still not working. Through HomeBrew Channel I uninstalled all Wad Manager Channels and tried re installing them...all will install correctly, but when I try to run them through Wii Menu....that's when I get the error....

fullstrength

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Error -1 is a READ error. Nothing to do with bad wads, bad firmware or wrong IOSes. It means wadmanager could not read correctly from the SD card. Try formatting the card (with fat16 if possible), copy the files back on and try installing again.

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj....thank you for your response, unfortunately this did not solve the ret = -1 error from the WadManager 1.31 Channels.... One thing that is very strange is that the WadManager works perfectly from the HomeBrew Channel....but not from the WadManager Channel itself....any more ideas anyone?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I have fixed Error: Ret = -1 personally by changing to a different SD card. I have this one that always gives that error, another that sometimes does, and a third that always works (actually my MicroSD card in SD adapter). Some peopel have reported simply "trying again" and the dreaded "Error: Ret = -1". If you search around, many people have seen this error, but there's no concrete technical reason why we see it.

e: it also can't hurt to take a stab at older versions of WAD manager or other WAD installers.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the homebrew channel version works but the wad manager channel doesn't on the main menu, that tells ME that the manager channel doesn't work....may have been made wrong? Corrupt file?

I would say either find a new channel or deal with HBC and be happy!?!

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
I have fixed Error: Ret = -1 personally by changing to a different SD card.
If you search around, many people have seen this error, but there's no concrete technical reason why we see it.
Sure there is, I just stated what causes it: an error occurred reading from the SD card. Which makes perfect sense since you said you fixed the problem by changing SD cards. Possible causes are a corrupt filesystem on the SD card (removing the card from a windows PC without stopping the device can cause this) or incompatible SDHC card.

fullstrength, it sounds like the wadmanager channel that you're using does not handle SDHC cards properly. I agree with syst3merror's advice, find a new wadmanager v1.3 channel or just stick with running it from the HBC.

vallandil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uuh Guys...

I haved no trouble using the sd card.

Having 4.1 firmware update from 4.0E

backuploader usbloader homebrew it al works.

But i get the same error and my SD is useless.

Cant install anything anymore...

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trucha bug
oh did i mention trucha bug, all of u need trucha bug, search for trucha bug

hey guys search for trucha bug

it will work if you get trucha bug back, go search trucha bug
to answer your question trucha bug

Hello? are u still there trucha bug!

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TRushInfo said:
trucha bug
oh did i mention trucha bug, all of u need trucha bug, search for trucha bug

hey guys search for trucha bug

it will work if you get trucha bug back, go search trucha bug
to answer your question trucha bug

Hello? are u still there trucha bug!
No, it won't work.

The reason he's getting Error ret -1, is because he must be using an SDHC card. I get the same error if I used an SDHC card, under cIOS38 Rev13b with Wad Manager 4.0. Switching to just an SD card work though. So it's a problem with Waninkoko's SDHC module.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
K, this is really pissing me off now. That manager has started giving me the -1 error also.. WTF!!!! How can it just suddenly stop working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay