Hacking ERROR! (ret = -1) happens whenever I launch anything

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I heard, stuff like this is caused by having the gamecube controllers or memory cards plugged in. But I'm not sure if this bug has been overcome yet.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
OP
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
heres what happens...
1. I boot up the wii
2. I go into homebrew channel it reads my card fine
3. Then I launch something like gecko os, then if I go to save config it says theres no sd card
4. If I got wad manager it gives me the error
5. If I got into cios corp I get the error
6. Also if I try to launch cheats with gecko os = no codes...

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have a theroy about this my SD plays up to with the same situations what type is your SD, how much memory is it i have a San Disk ultra (2 speed) 4GB SDHC card and i think it is the cards we are using have you got any different SD cards to try

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ret -1 means error accessing the SD Card. Try a different SD Card and see if it works.

As for markg87, no to both. Those apps he listed don't require a certain firmware or cIOS to work. Even Wad Manager works on any firmware w/o cIOS, it just only installs official wads on 3.3v2 and up.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it could. The fact you're using a microSD in an adapter is likely the issue. My microSD+adapter (a Kingston 2GB non-sdhc) does that if i use it in the wii, so yours is probably the same way.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
OP
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
noes!, I guess I actually have to BUY a sd card now...
happy.gif

NickPDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 16gb Kingston SDHC card that is giving me that same error when using wad manager. I got it to work and install a wad once using Wad Manager Enhanced off this forum I believe ... but now it is not working again. Is the SDHC support really that picky that it would work sometimes and not others? The SDHC card works fine from the wii system menu for moving games to is and such just not currently with apps like wadmanager. Any thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu