jakeruston

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I got the American Release of Super Mario Galaxy, did the Update on the disk and got the 001 Error as everyone did. Then, I thought I'd wait for the PAL Release WITHOUT updating my modchip's firmware. So, now I have the PAL Release, I've tried burning it twice yet it comes up with the message, "An error has occured" when I insert the disk. All other games work just fine.

How can I fix?

Thanks,
Jake.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unfortunately there is no way to tell except opening up your Wii, or burning update discs for ALL the modchips and trying them out.
Maybe contact the person who modded your Wii?

- Sam

jakeruston

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've decided to take the silly option of burning disks for ALL modchips.

I got my Wii chipped in the March/April region. What modchips could it be?

I just tried the WiiKey Update Disk and I got the same error as I do with SMG.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can't play mario galaxy because the only way you can is to update the chip's firmware, or have a d2ckey. giving us the month the chip was chipped does not offer any further insight into what chip it could be. ask the person that chipped it for you, or open the wii up - take a picture, and post it in this threasd so people can have a look and see if they can help you

without an update, and unless you have a d2ckey, you will NOT be able to play Mario Galaxy regardless of what region version you try

jakeruston

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I mean by giving you the month is, what modchips were actually released by then? It would make the scale lower...

If the black screen with the error comes up, is it that it can't read the disk (EG. The update disk is wrong for the modchip) or it has been burnt wrong/bad media?

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A lot of chips were out then, that's why you HAVE TO open your Wii to find out what chip you have. Or alternatively ask the installer.

If a black screen comes up with an error message, and you use the exact same media for all your games, and burn at the same speed, and all your games except for the current burnt disks work, then it could be a bad burn. Or it could be a bad burner.

if you're worried about opening up your wii, get a professional to check it out for a fee. You really need to find out what chip you have. burning different firmware disks is not a good idea, you may cause a bad flash, or you may be burning coasters if you have a chip that doesn't upgrade

jakeruston

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A lot of chips were out then, that's why you HAVE TO open your Wii to find out what chip you have. Or alternatively ask the installer.

If a black screen comes up with an error message, and you use the exact same media for all your games, and burn at the same speed, and all your games except for the current burnt disks work, then it could be a bad burn. Or it could be a bad burner.

if you're worried about opening up your wii, get a professional to check it out for a fee. You really need to find out what chip you have. burning different firmware disks is not a good idea, you may cause a bad flash, or you may be burning coasters if you have a chip that doesn't upgrade

Media Used: TDK +R (All the time)
Speed = 2.4x (All the time)
Burner = IMGBurn

Its not that I'm worried about opening, its that my parents won't let me. I may do while they are out tomorrow though.

EDIT: I meant opening, not burning
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok