Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

raymaninho

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just been banned a couple of days ago, so here's the situation,
I have 2 3DSs: a regular 3DS XL Sysnand version 4.5.0-9U on which I'm using my gateway card Emunand version 9.9.0-26U, and a New3DS XL that's always been hack free, latest firmware, never used gateway on it, all good.
All of my games are legit retail cartridges, never have used any pirated games, and the way I've been playing is I'd dump my own games, put the 3DZ file on the gateway card, play it on my regular 3DS, while using the actual cartridges on the New3DS, so no public headers whatsoever.
Had no problems at all up until recently when I think I've connected them both at the same time (I don't really know if it's the first time i logged them both online simultaneously this since I've never actually thought it'd be a problem so I didn't pay attention to this detail) and I don't really remember what I was playing, but it was either Smash or Alpha sapphire, one or the other, so that's the last thing I remember doing before the infamous "this device is currently banned" error message popped up the next day, what do you think caused this? And is it permanent or is it 15 days like everyone else has been posting? And should I contact Nintendo for that matter?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
It is temporary, and contacting Nintendo won't help your situation.

Though your case is strange. Are you saying that you played Smash on both 3DSes at the same time online? Since both your retail version and the .3dz version have the same header and they were both online at the same time, that's probably what caused the ban.

Don't fret, it'll be resolved soon.

Reactions: raymaninho

raymaninho

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Though your case is strange. Are you saying that you played Smash on both 3DSes at the same time online? Since both your retail version and the .3dz version have the same header and they were both online at the same time, that's probably what caused the ban.

Yeah, both games were online at the same time using the same header, and I think I forgot to add that actually both 3DSes are banned, so you might be right, appreciate the help.
Now comes the hardest part, waiting..

raymaninho

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Quick question though, could this mean that my private header has been flagged and therefore is now recognized by Nintendo as a public header?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Quick question though, could this mean that my private header has been flagged and therefore is now recognized by Nintendo as a public header?

If you used it at once on more than one device and got banned for it, that's more than likely.
No way to know for sure though.

Reactions: raymaninho

raymaninho

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got unbanned!! So yeah apparently it lasted about two weeks, now I guess I should eliminate any duplicate headers just to be safe, I have several games with no online functions so I'll be injecting their headers into my online games

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i use a public header or private, sorry im a noob

Public headers are already apart of the Sky3ds Template file.

For a Private header, first you'd need to extract one from one retail cartridges using either a System on 9.2 firmware or lower for Gateway menu (Ripping the rom, then using Gateway Rom Patcher to get the header) - Powersave Adapter to extract the save file and mine the header from that - or buy one from someone online (Best to buy from someone trusted if you're going to go that route).
Next you'd follow one of these:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-no-ban-no-sky.381204/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-v-1-5-1-sky-army-knife-a-sky3ds-template-tool.382118/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...y3ds-no-worries-about-manufacturer-id.393503/

With a Public header you're set to go online right off the bat and risk getting banned.
With a Private header once you're setup, you don't have to worry about a ban.

sirbinh88

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got unbanned. I've decided to buy a legal physical copy pokemon oras. I want to transfer all my pokemon from my old game to bank. My question is may i be banned again if i log in to the bank using save from my old game (sky3ds public header).

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got unbanned. I've decided to buy a legal physical copy pokemon oras. I want to transfer all my pokemon from my old game to bank. My question is may i be banned again if i log in to the bank using save from my old game (sky3ds public header).

You'd need to connect to the online server in order to transfer your pokemanz, so yeah, i'd say there's a chance of receiving another ban hammer. :|

sirbinh88

Trophies
XP
Country
You'd need to connect to the online server in order to transfer your pokemanz, so yeah, i'd say there's a chance of receiving another ban hammer. :|
There's no point of continue playing without getting back my old work. My other question, is there someone here got multiple banned? Will getting banned again lead me to forever banned since I have no choice.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no point of continue playing without getting back my old work. My other question, is there someone here got multiple banned? Will getting banned again lead me to forever banned since I have no choice.

You should be able to launch Ninjhax with Sky3ds Cubic Ninja > Use the Save Manager to backup your Save > insert retail cart > inject save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...