Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn this thead is lengthy.
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but with all this news of people getting banned,I was wondering. Everyone assumes it has to do with game headers and online play. (though I'm sure nobody knows for sure)
So what I wanted to know is, would it be safe to use spotpass on roms, while keeping wifi off when you actually play the game.
Does anyone know what kind of data is stored on your SD/3DS when you turn on spotpass, and if it identifies your unique game in any way, or just the game in general to download data.

Maybe you're fucked as soon as you load a game, since its stored in play log, recently played and who knows what else, and that data might be checked at any given time with WiFi on.

Until we got some facts i'm not taking any chances with my new 3DS, though I'm tempted to play some offline games on my sky 3DS while it still isn't blocked. If nintendo can detect any rom played by stored data they don't need to block the flashcard itself necessarily.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything still seems ok in prviate header land. I am having an odd friends list bug between a specific friend where it shows him as "Mii" and to him the same for me. No idea why.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well I've checked all the games I own and they all have different headers however you are right...there are so many combos and

Because if it wasn't then how could Nintendo ban based on header? Unless they know which headers goes with which games. They could have a database for that but unlikely because until recently you could use any header...even headers from games with no online and it would work fine.

So, now, we can't use any game like which can't get online to get header and go online?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh it was a bit of a dumb move to be issuing bans so close to the n3DS release, these kinds of stories put off legitimate buyers who would be worried they will be banned if they buy a second hand console/game, or even just get banned in the crossfire.........you should never make a move like this around the time your launching a new console it just generates bad press even if they are only targeting flashcard users

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
tbh it was a bit of a dumb move to be issuing bans so close to the n3DS release, these kinds of stories put off legitimate buyers who would be worried they will be banned if they buy a second hand console/game, or even just get banned in the crossfire.........you should never make a move like this around the time your launching a new console it just generates bad press even if they are only targeting flashcard users

Think about it.....nintendo DUN LIKE 2nd hand, because they lose money....and now think.....how many users will sell his banned consoles, or using it for offline, and BUY a N3DS? .....and now, go on legality defenders forums... and see how many possitives comentaries Nintendo have....

i dun think it is negative for them , its his first movement to avoid lose all third parties

greetings

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Think about it.....nintendo DUN LIKE 2nd hand, because they lose money....and now think.....how many users will sell his banned consoles, or using it for offline, and BUY a N3DS? .....and now, go on legality defenders forums... and see how many possitives comentaries Nintendo have....

i dun think it is negative for them , its his first movement to avoid lose all third parties

greetings
it doesn't matter if you create a sense of "ahhh consoles are getting banned" around your own product launch its a bit stupid, a month or 2 after the launch, sure, but when people are actively searching for info about your product and seeing "console permanently banned" not to mention they used the same error code as a legitimate wifi error rather than a specific ban code, people who innocently just cant connect to their wifi see threads saying their console is banned, I'm not saying the idea of banning is bad just the timing of it right on the n3ds international launch date

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not really sure selling consoles precedes selling games to them (I believe the first is more of a means to the latter) and maybe the timing is as early as possible except that early is now maybe they struggled in the past and would have started banning before if they could.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really sure selling consoles precedes selling games to them (I believe the first is more of a means to the latter) and maybe the timing is as early as possible except that early is now maybe they struggled in the past and would have started banning before if they could.

remember who wins the generations.....GBA, NDS,PSX,PS2,XBOX360.......they sell huge amounts of HW....thanks to easy "modding" ....now they sell a new console 3 years later his first 3ds...and need sell a lot of them....ban old consoles and no prob men!!!

for example....we didnt talkin about which models are been banned....how many classic 3ds? how many XL ? how many 2ds? how many N3DS? .......curious question...

Reactions: Nightwish

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Good question with no real answer as of yet. At this time nobody has shown they have been shown to be banned with either or. However I feel sooner or later they will crack down on all of us.

i feel that all flashcards users will be banned sooner or later, and we will only can use our consoles offline with them, in the same way of XBOX360.

but its fun find a solution for avoid the current ban :D

greetings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."