Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so everyone has been unbanned at the same time or it's still early to tell?
We should put it on the portal, even if we have only two reports so far.

As for future events, maybe it was only a test to see if ban works, if users can circumvent it etc.
then they unban (why?) the ~20 banned users. they know their feature is working.

Or, they can only detects headers, and seeing everyone started using private headers/cia, they don't bother with ban anymore.

Like before : we know nothing, everything is speculation.
just be happy to be unbanned, and be more careful what you do online with a hacked console from now on.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If i use a private header on multiple dump, i'm in risk of being banned?
Nobody knows.
In fact there are a lot of things we don't know.

Things we don't know:
We don't know if Nintendo is really banning
We don't know if Nintendo is checking headers
We don't know if Nintendo is doing a check of currently connected headers
We don't know if Nintendo is verifying if a header had already been used by another game
We don't know if the 3DS is keeping a log of used headers even when playing offline and reporting them to Nintendo when network is detected
We don't know if headers are really the cause of this error
We don't know if using a public/shared header long time ago is at risk
We don't know if Nintendo detects Flashcarts
We don't know if Nintendo detects EmuNAND (with or without cia)
We don't know if Nintendo detects Regionthree
We don't know if it affects console without a NNID account

Then what do we know?

Here are the facts:
- 15~20 users reported on this forum having error 0002-0102 for two weeks (It started on February 4th)
- Affected users can't access Online or Friend list.
- Affected users can still access eShop and download updates.
- Error 0002-0102 info page on nintendo has two version (after different refresh) : one with "it's a router/access point issue" and one with "if you are still experiencing this error, contact us!".
- console without NNID account affected too ? (who tested/reported that?)
- Users tried to connect two consoles on the same access point at the same time : one got the error, one worked online -> it's not an access point issue.
- Users called nintendo, been told that it was a ban due to the use of unofficial product/modification/flashcart -> no fix will be done. (unless there's proof he didn't pirate, sending front and back of all his games)
- Two users reported on February 20th that they can connect again and don't have the error anymore.
Are the other affected users able to go online now?

edit :
- 4 more users unbanned on February 21th. It looks like an automatic 15 day temporary ban lift.
- This user reported being affected only 5 days.

What have been tested:
- Formating the NAND
- Downgrading
- Using EmuNAND
- Spoofing MAC address

Doran754

Conform comrades
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody know what I'm missing when using the gateway rom patcher. I've made a private dump. Took the header. Put it in a rom. It's found the header and then says "This chip ID seems not adapted to your ROM size. Can I suggest a better value. So I click yes.

Then it says this chip ID seems not adapted to your ROM media type. Can I suggest a better value? So I click yes. It's says done. All seems fine but I get an error when loading the rom. Do I need to click apply on the rom patcher after its fixed the values? Because when I do it says cartridge ID can't be empty, please enter one. I've no idea what it's meant to be?

Thanks.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using version .6 you import the header, click yes to fix it, click INJECT. For 1.0 you copy the top values into the bottom and click apply. It should fix the chip ID fine.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
If you are using version .6 you import the header, click yes to fix it, click INJECT. For 1.0 you copy the top values into the bottom and click apply. It should fix the chip ID fine.
Yeah I don't get why they made it more complicated for the later release. That took me a while to figure out and I was still scared that I was doing it wrong. Though I never went online anyway yet.

So I read every... single... page of this thread. I stopped posting and was about to stop paying attention because it looked like we get getting nowhere but now it got interesting again. People getting unbanned? I wonder how many people have been. This is really interesting.

D

Deleted-355425

We still need to beware. Maybe the 1st wave is just IN BETA TEST
3DS Banwave, coming SOON™

on a serious note, this was a test for them. Would be nasty of them to lure you all into thinking private headers used on multiple roms was safe.. then the REAL ban wave comes and gets all 3ds's playing carts that the cartID and header doesnt match :gun:

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't get why they made it more complicated for the later release. That took me a while to figure out and I was still scared that I was doing it wrong. Though I never went online anyway yet.

So I read every... single... page of this thread. I stopped posting and was about to stop paying attention because it looked like we get getting nowhere but now it got interesting again. People getting unbanned? I wonder how many people have been. This is really interesting.
I think it's actually easier. The change seemingly was so that you could get a public ID or something. You could just type in an ID before but it was not as obvious.

pnkrd0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup guys, so I think I may have been banned today, I started to receive the error message 002-0102, after trying to go online for the first time on a European MH4 rom with a public header, my 3ds xl is US region by the way.

It's also worth mentioning that I used to play pokemon alpha Sapphire with a public header and did some saves injection. However it's been weeks since the last time I played the game.

What flashcard were you using (Gateway or Sky3DS etc): GW

What game were you playing: MH4 E public header

What was your sysNAND firmware version when playing: 4.5 U original

What was your emuNAND firmware version when playing: 9.5

Were you using a .CIA or a .3DZ: .3DZ

If you were using a .3DZ file, was the header public or private: public, rom was already online patched when I downloaded it

Can you visit other online Nintendo: Same as other cases I only have access to the eshop and browser

Well..... I can play again online. My friend list works and everything works again. So was this a ban or what?????

It was exactly 5 days after getting banned, maybe its going to be like in the wii. They banned me from Monster hunter tri twice, the fist time was a 5 days ban, the second time was a month and the third time I'm guessing was going to be perma ban. But I don't know I'm just speculating here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: