Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
Which makes overturning bans impossible unless you are actually legit.
But according to these forums, everyone is backing up legit cartridges for safe keeping, so you have nothing to worry about, right. ;)
Yeah most of the people here seems to be good people

timthumb.php

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I use the public headers but never connect online and then later I go online with a retail game? Would they still see that I played an offline game with a public header and ban me or only if I try to go online with the public header? Do they keep logs of games played offline?

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if.
What if.
What if.
What if.

This isn't Marvel comics peeps. All your questions have been answered already. If you still have questions, then don't turn on your 3DS.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

ddrguitarpunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I use the public headers but never connect online and then later I go online with a retail game? Would they still see that I played an offline game with a public header and ban me or only if I try to go online with the public header? Do they keep logs of games played offline?
possible. the DSi and the Wii kept logs of games that were played on the console and threatened to use that data against flash cart users (whether they did anything more than patch the Cart updates I don't know) but I'd imagine it's possible with the 3DS too.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What if.
What if.
What if.
What if.

This isn't Marvel comics peeps. All your questions have been answered already. If you still have questions, then don't turn on your 3DS.
I just put on my tinfoil underwear before turning it on. Prevents bans and the Illuminati.

Reactions: tjexp and ronildo66

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
day 3:

continue without ban.....and as i said yesterday...ninty stopped his first ban wave .....and dont say official announce about it

it could be , as the mates says , a first test to see the community reaction over they first online ban. (up the hardware and sofware sells ... community fury...etc) ...and preparing his great offensive, on wiiU and 3ds.

greetings

PD:i will continue my experiment with offline public headers

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
day 3:

continue without ban.....and as i said yesterday...ninty stopped his first ban wave .....and dont say official announce about it

it could be , as the mates says , a first test to see the community reaction over they first online ban. (up the hardware and sofware sells ... community fury...etc) ...and preparing his great offensive, on wiiU and 3ds.

greetings

PD:i will continue my experiment with offline public headers
They're never going to announce this stuff and any outrage would only come from people using flash carts. Nintendo doesn't care what those people think.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are a true hero of the people.

Also I don't know if it always said this but Nintendo has clearly made this error message related to bans now.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...p?error_code=002-0102&system=3DS&locale=en_US

Error Code: 002-0102
The Nintendo 3DS is unable to connect to an Access Point. What to do will depend on where you are connecting from:

Connecting from a wireless home network:
    • Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS system is within 30 feet of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction.

• Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off.

Connecting from a Hotspot
    • Ensure the Hotspot location does not require an internet browser to setup an account, accept a use agreement, or enter a password before accessing their Wi-Fi service. If the location requires any of these items, you will not be able to connect to the internet with your Nintendo 3DS system.

• Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS system is within 30 feet of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction. Signal strength can vary, depending on where the access point's signal is coming from. (Please do not sit or stand in places that will interfere with the location's customers or staff.)

• Orient the Nintendo 3DS so that your body or other objects (such as walls, plants, furniture, and other people) are not blocking the signal. Also, make sure there is no interference from wireless phones (cell phones are okay).

• If the connection continues to fail, this Hotspot may have their router set up in a manner that is not compatible with the system. We recommend trying a different location.

"clearly"? Is my screen foggy or something?

Reactions: Xzi and hellionz

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
They're never going to announce this stuff and any outrage would only come from people using flash carts. Nintendo doesn't care what those people think.

ninty never use banhammer on his system, only block pirate media (flashcards) so they have to test the community feedback ....and when they blocks flaschards always announce it .

i predicted a great banstorm soon....but HOW IS SOON?? :P

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Think about people who buy the games at 2nd hand...they're legit buyers and they can be banned
Those are private headers. They're extremely unlikely to be banned, even if their specific cart had already been dumped. You're also assuming that Nintendo has no way of knowing a legit cartridge from a ROM being used online. We don't know that.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Error Code: 002-0102
The Nintendo 3DS is unable to connect to an Access Point. What to do will depend on where you are connecting from:
Connecting from a wireless home network:
    • Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS system is within 30 feet of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction.
  • Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off.
Connecting from a Hotspot
    • Ensure the Hotspot location does not require an internet browser to setup an account, accept a use agreement, or enter a password before accessing their Wi-Fi service. If the location requires any of these items, you will not be able to connect to the internet with your Nintendo 3DS system.
    • Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS system is within 30 feet of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction. Signal strength can vary, depending on where the access point's signal is coming from. (Please do not sit or stand in places that will interfere with the location's customers or staff.)
    • Orient the Nintendo 3DS so that your body or other objects (such as walls, plants, furniture, and other people) are not blocking the signal. Also, make sure there is no interference from wireless phones (cell phones are okay).
  • If the connection continues to fail, this Hotspot may have their router set up in a manner that is not compatible with the system. We recommend trying a different location.
"clearly"? Is my screen foggy or something?
To be fair, I checked that link twice today, and it is giving me what you posted now, but earlier it was only one paragraph that suggested you call Nintendo customer service.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Today would mark a whole week since I started my sky3ds (with Public Header) test...

I've been going online everyday on Pokémon OR and recently Animal Crossing and MH4U.

Still working for me.

T

MH4 will be commenced tomorrow for me with offline header

lets continue the ban race!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid