Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So from what we know, if you have a Gateway you should be using .cia files. There's really no reason not to. I know some saves won't transfer over which sucks. But I'm pretty sure that Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and other card2 games can be transferred. It's really not worth the risk to use .3dz files. Especially if they're banning public and private headers.

There's already a known workaround for Card1 saves to work with SaveDataFiler.
Just rename the save file to 000400000FF40A00.sav (seems to be SaveDataFiler's ID, so that save data will be loaded when you run it).

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, so if I use my game in a CIA format instead of a .3DZ, I should be golden right? I'm using my own personal game rip, but apparently someone still got banned in a previous forum >.>

aCot+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan
I don't see a reason why a .cia file which would fail any license check if they choose (assuming they're able to) to do one is any safer than a .3dz file with a private header. The one thing that the private header file might fall victim to is if they can determine that a game has a header from a different game.

Well I guess not everybody has their own games to dump headers from.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see a reason why a .cia file which would fail any license check if they choose (assuming they're able to) to do one is any safer than a .3dz file with a private header. The one thing that the private header file might fall victim to is if they can determine that a game has a header from a different game.

Can Sky3DS even dump their own headers? gateway software for dumping works between 4.5 and 9.2 but most people with a Sky3DS have one because they lack such firmware on sys. You could probably get someone to give you a header but the header could be public and you might not know.

I was looking at a dump of my own copy of tetris axis and another game. A 4gb game had the same chip ID as Tetris Axis. This to me says Chip ID has nothing to do with the game it's self. The manufacturer doesn't really either besides that it knows who made the chip. However every game with the same header has the same Cart ID. This could also be a factor but it is unknown. Somehow I think that Cart ID is the unique part of the header and doesn't matter as long as it's only online once. Kind of like a CD key.

So if the cart ID not matching the game is the issue then no one is safe with roms online anymore. If that doesn't matter then everything else checks out.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We still aren't 100% certain if those are hardware bans, this is all speculation so far. I would've expected a much larger wave of banned users if it was just the headers that were at fault. Needless to say, playing pirated games online is and always has been a risk the user willingly takes - online is a service and if you break service terms, you can be denied further access. I'll keep a close eye on the matter and if I may recommend something to the affected users, try fully formatting the system and using a new NNID.

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

They just can check if two different games get online with the same header, I dont know how this can be safer...

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They just can check if two different games get online with the same header, I dont know how this can be safer...
CIA do not use headers as it seems. They either just don't use a header to go online or they assign one on installation. Kind of like how Pokemon X/Y assigns a pokemon a PID when it transfers between game versions. It basically installed on a new system and got an ID to match.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If Nintendo's finally getting their bearings when it comes to bans, nothing is stopping them from cross-referencing the eShop accounts with booted games to see if the users even own them - don't treat installed CIA's as a foolproof solution because that may very well change shortly.

Reactions: Bug_Checker_

M.Z.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We still aren't 100% certain if those are hardware bans, this is all speculation so far. I would've expected a much larger wave of banned users if it was just the headers that were at fault. Needless to say, playing pirated games online is and always has been a risk the user willingly takes - online is a service and if you break service terms, you can be denied further access. I'll keep a close eye on the matter and if I may recommend something to the affected users, try fully formatting the system and using a new NNID.

I agree with you, but I tried that and not work. So, I don´t know what else can I do :/

jkoodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if the reason of banning is really because "etendo" noticed dumped game
not because using sky3ds or gateway than i'll just buy cartridge
for games that gonna be played online just like my pokemon X
cause man MH4G is just 5 day to go and this game must be played online

but if the reason is because some how "etendo" noticed the usage of sky3ds or gateway
than i'm f*cked up ... need to keep some money and buy a n3ds for online usage only
while using my old 3ds xl for region free and offline games
but again sadly there is only n3ds LL for US region T____T

*Edit
again if it's because public header than "etendo" should have a good way to sort out
which use dumped and which use cartridge
i mean how about if the case is like this :

legit n3ds (no sky3ds, gateway, or others usage)
buy a second hand pokemon Y cartridge which already have been dumped
and before been sold, the seller used the private header
and by the universe's miracle the buyer and seller goes online
with the same header together at the same time
will the buyer that has a legit n3ds got banned?
big question to "etendo"

M.Z.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried using any original cartridges online?

Not yet, because I don´t have any original game with online mode, only local mode. And I must say I really don´t know if I have problems with the games. In my case, the error appear in the FC list and when I saw the reports of "ban" delete all my public roms and don´t played again.

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this might be the reason Nintendo hasn't blocked Sky3DS yet. They'll just ban the players from online play instead.
Could be. Maybe this is their solution to fighting the Sky3DS instead of just blocking it like other flashcarts. Banning people sort of seems like a last resort for Nintendo.

Reactions: MrJason005

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    farrrrrrrrrrrt
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @AncientBoi I imagine it don't make the fart sound anymore, probably sounds more like letting go of a balloon you just blew up.
    +3
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: +2