Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

AnkitC

Trophies
XP
Country
India
According to the template file, the file format doesn't make a difference as long as it fits the SHA1 checksum. The header in the template is assigned to the corresponding game.

Which is why you edit the template file with your own headers.

Exactly. If you're editing the Template file you're good to go. I was actually intending to quote the one above your post. :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Cool so I guess it's true! I'm kind of a newbie in 3DS hacking but do you think that a.3ds file use the same public headers as a .3dz one? I mean if you don't use a custom header.
I just did it in Omega Ruby to test my custom header, and it worked just fine. Didn't even think to change it to .3dz so I guess it saved me a headache. Maybe it's got something to do with the Sky3DS utility. They did want to make it as plug-and-play as possible.
the sky3ds template file is whats used to determine the header, .3ds has no header, but when you copy the game to your SD the sky3ds disk writer uses their header provided in the template file......so essentially ALL sky3ds headers are public unless you manually edit the template file

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
LOL _CHAZ_ beat me to it, so there is a way to replace the template file's headers with your own, that's good to know.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL _CHAZ_ beat me to it, so there is a way to replace the template file's headers with your own, that's good to know.

Information on actually editing the template file can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-editing-online-header-template-file.377314/

It looks a little daunting, but all you really need to do is dump a game (preferably one you purchased new and still own), extract the header information using the Gateway ROM Patcher, and open the resulting .bin in a hex editor.
Using the information in that thread, the header string should be easy to identify, and you have all of the information you need on changing the chip ID per game if necessary.

Of course it's still not confirmed whether this is the reason for the bans, so private headers may not do anything. But it's still a good idea since it's the easiest way Nintendo could identify illegitimate copies.

joepassive

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
if you get banned now, then buy the game on it's own original cartridge, are you still banned? what happens with that?

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Information on actually editing the template file can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-editing-online-header-template-file.377314/

It looks a little daunting, but all you really need to do is dump a game (preferably one you purchased new and still own), extract the header information using the Gateway ROM Patcher, and open the resulting .bin in a hex editor.
Using the information in that thread, the header string should be easy to identify, and you have all of the information you need on changing the chip ID per game if necessary.

Of course it's still not confirmed whether this is the reason for the bans, so private headers may not do anything. But it's still a good idea since it's the easiest way Nintendo could identify illegitimate copies.

Thanks, already bookmarked that thread! Now another noobish question, which accessory do I need to dump my original carts into the computer?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone post if the OP got a response yet and if so, what Nintendo's response was? Wasn't expecting 20+ new pages in 1.5 days. Thanks :)

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Might look on those adapters in the near future. Anyways some people are reporting that japanese users are also receiving the same error and nintendo's explanation is more or less the same, that your console have been suspended from online activities and such.

Makavelim4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kinda crazy this place has over 40 pages already, I was hoping we'd have more information on the ban rather than online headers, maybe that should become another forum of it's own.

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kinda crazy this place has over 40 pages already, I was hoping we'd have more information on the ban rather than online headers, maybe that should become another forum of it's own.

It's very recent, give it some more time and the answer will surely come.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Just an fyi, some JP 3DS users at the Chinese forum who had the same error contacted Nintendo of Japan and their reply was that their 3DS is banned from online services and they were asked to send in their 3DS serial number & NNID. So basically NOJ & NOA are all giving the same reason for the error as being banned.

Due to the web browser exploit that allows piracy/hacking on 9.2 3ds, there seem to be an increased in game/save hacking in various game. Perhaps this has finally forced Nintendo to play their trump card and start banning people?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just an fyi, some JP 3DS users at the Chinese forum who had the same error contacted Nintendo and their reply was that their 3DS is banned from online services. So basically NOJ & NOA are all giving the same reason for the error as being banned.

Due to the web browser exploit that allows piracy/hacking on 9.2 3ds, there seem to be an increased in game/save hacking in various game. Perhaps this has finally forced Nintendo to play their trump card and start banning people?
Does this mean they will ban Gateway users in addition to cheaters?

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this mean they will ban Gateway/Sky3DS users in addition to cheaters?

Well, that I am not sure. All we know now is that Nintendo can easily ban users. And quite a fair amount of 3DS have already been banned. Perhaps they are trying out the bans? Which is why when banned users contacted them, they asked for 3DS serial numbers & NNID to collect data and confirm that they have indeed banned the targeted users?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny