Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.im sure sky3ds users are enjoying their ride too, will either of them survive till the end of the 3ds/n3ds lifespan who knows, but simple fact is i prefer what gateway offers more than sky3ds, if i just wanted roms sure sky3ds ftw, but i dont, and a lot of others don't either

I LOL'ed at this because when I first read it I thought you were implying that there were only two Sky3DS users. :-D

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything I've read says this error code is due to a title update being needed.

I use my own header from a game so I'm safe.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if you ask me the new encryption are for the new 3ds games like xenogears to make it even harder to just dump and play them on a possible gw n3ds.
sad fact is that update might of been their work from the past few months, and those keys are already being used to produce n3ds games....in which case, they gone dun goofed big time, but if they arent providing these new encryption keys to the old 3ds, they could only use them for n3DS exclusive titles like xenoblade.......for everything else they would have to keep the old keys to maintain old 3ds compatibility

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah can we go back on track here? Is Nintendo really banning people?
Many people reported this error. Don't freak out like I'm doing, I disconnected my console out of the internet, I left it always online. Just give it some time, see what is happening, and wait some news, wait for OP, he said his ban motives would show up in a week, if I am not mistaken.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah can we go back on track here? Is Nintendo really banning people?
nobody really knows yet....isolated cases, with little real info, one person got the error and then it worked fine later on which could suggest its just server issues, another user was using "offensive language" online....it could just be that he was reported by someone for it, i did read something on one site suggesting that from 23rd January Nintendo would start banning people for offensive behavior......it could just be that this is what we are starting to see, might be an idea to find out if people on non flashcard related sites are getting this error

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people reported this error. Don't freak out like I'm doing, I disconnected my console out of the internet, I left it always online. Just give it some time, see what is happening, and wait some news, wait for OP, he said his ban motives would show up in a week, if I am not mistaken.

I've seen maybe 3 people with the error. Are there any other sites reporting it yet?

BaNaNa01011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything I've read says this error code is due to a title update being needed.
OP has confirmed Nintendo banned him. Whether it's for piracy or something else, we'll just have to wait and see. My question is this, would Nintendo explicitly tell you that you were banned for suspected piracy if you asked them, like OP is doing? Or would they say something more vague?

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OP has confirmed Nintendo banned him. Whether it's for piracy or something else, we'll just have to wait and see. My question is this, would Nintendo explicitly tell you that you were banned for suspected piracy if you asked them, like OP is doing? Or would they say something more vague?

If it was piracy, the ban would probably be permanent, it would just come up with "ToS Violation" and nothing more.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
probably something vague, but i would imagine they would tell him if it was for abusive behavior or whatever......guess if its for flashcards they will probably do some "using unauthorized modifications" or somthing like that.....or just say we cant tell you

Jugra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sceptical.....can you give us a proof of your ban OP? like, a picture of the 3ds showing the error code?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I want to believe they couldn't tell unless he A. has been using a public header or B. no header? What if games report to the server anyway even if you aren't online? Your friends list reports to something about the game you are playing so friends can see it. What if the game doesn't have to go online to report such things? Just a though but probably a little too advanced for Nintendo.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sceptical.....can you give us a proof of your ban OP? like, a picture of the 3ds showing the error code?
I remember the user browsing this section for several months, not like that counts as proof but it's not just a 1post guy who registered 10 minutes ago claiming it.

As for why the nintendo support is unable to give specifics, I'd guess nintendo is testing detecting and banning just today for the first time on the 3ds, and they didn't notify/instruct their support personnel about it yet. After all, we would've known the moment nintendo started using piracy detection, since a lot of people just use online headers. So the first reported cases are bound to be extremely fresh.

Jugra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the user browsing this section for several months, not like that counts as proof but it's not just a 1post guy who registered 10 minutes ago claiming it.

You have a point, my friend. Anyway, have time to post here does not grant immunity (well, maybe do if you compare with me, I forgot my username and my email account disappeared :unsure:)

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looked up the code 20102 for previous systems (Wii) and it looks like it was used for anyone using cheats or foul language online. Not saying this is the case, but figured it's worth noting.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Looked up the code 20102 for previous systems (Wii) and it looks like it was used for anyone using cheats or foul language online. Not saying this is the case, but figured it's worth noting.

Not to add to any fear-mongering or anything, but error code 20102 on the Wii was the ban code. This code is 002-0102, so I can see the similarity.

Reactions: alpha_noj

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: