Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your expectation is one reasonable expectation but not the only one. Steam, for instance, detects hackers and randomly bans them at some point in the future. Using this method makes it harder on hackers because they don't know which exploits are detected.
Excellent point. Banning huge swaths of people all at once creates press and solidarity. Random bans (if that is what is happening) creates anxiety, confusion and discord.

Assuming Nintendo is that smart is a big leap however.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent point. Banning huge swaths of people all at once creates press and solidarity. Random bans (if that is what is happening) creates anxiety, confusion and discord.

Assuming Nintendo is that smart is a big leap however.

Nintendo has never proven to have half a brain when it comes to things like this

itsamario2015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were getting a copy online I'd say .cia but since you're doing your own dump and using your own header, I'd say go with the .3dz approach. Since it'll look completely legit to Nintendo.

Well, keep in mind Nintendo should be able to identify the firmware region as well as identify the region of the game being played by title ID. If he's playing Japanese MH4 he might be fine, but I'm not sure that was implied.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, keep in mind Nintendo should be able to identify the firmware region as well as identify the region of the game being played by title ID. If he's playing Japanese MH4 he might be fine, but I'm not sure that was implied.
I actually have played MH4G online and have not had an issue. Used a header from an english game too. It has to be a header thing but it does not explain why he can use everything besides online game service. Usually a ban like this would block everything.

Grumbled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been lurking gbatemp for a while but I decided to register to share my stats for what I deem to be my banned console
3ds xl
Updated to 9.5.0 and I was able to play online before and after
sky3ds
Default template file providing headers for Smash 3ds and Omega Ruby.

Confirmed to carry over even to a legit card. Like a few people have mentioned no issues connecting to eshop. Currently don't have the time to be dealing with Nintendo so just checking this thread every so often.

I've also sent an email to sky3ds asking them to address this. It's not their fault that some sky3ds users got banned, but it will be their fault if they continue to neglect informing users of the dangers of using their all public template file. I don't think they even have their own guide for replacing headers in their template.

Reactions: BaNaNa01011

Grumbled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9 times out of 10 if it's a sky3ds people aren't changing the default template. Like I said, the sky team really needs to make some emphasis on what the template actually is for, because right now sky3ds is advertised as a plug and play system.

Reactions: Ericss

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is going to be entertaining.

Seriously though people, if you have at least one legit online game, you should use the header. (If I'm correct in assuming any online header will work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...