Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has there been any report on a ban on 3DS currently using legit cards but has used Sky3ds cards and connected to the Internet before?

Well the fact that one has used legit carts doesn't affect anything, you connect online with a public header using sky 3ds and you're banned, they don't check to see if the user has played legit games before.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course I have injected the headers in all roms. Another good reason is that I don't want to check everytime If the game I want to play has online or not, so I "patch" them all.
My point is it is not "safer" to do so if you are trying to avoid being banned and it sounded like you were suggesting as much.

Reactions: Nightwish
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So using our own header we're out from getting banned?(Using gateway?)

And cias are "free"?

We should have a faq about this

That's currently all conjecture on whether or not that is safer than public headers. All we know is that people who use private headers/.CIAs haven't been banned yet.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My point is it is not "safer" to do so if you are trying to avoid being banned and it sounded like you were suggesting as much.
I think it is, we don't know if the 3ds is capable of memorizing all the stuff we do even offline and then when we go online it sends all to Nintendo. So by having a private header in all the games there is no problem.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This thread is about 99 pages of speculation (including stuff I've thrown out there) and "will I be safe?" with 2 pages of good posts, I'm out of here until there's some legitimate new information.

Keeping it on topic, I'll let you guys know if/when I get banned using retail carts in classic mode.

Reactions: alpha_noj

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is about 99 pages of speculation (including stuff I've thrown out there) and "will I be safe?" with 2 pages of good posts, I'm out of here until there's some legitimate new information.

Keeping it on topic, I'll let you guys know if/when I get banned using retail carts in classic mode.
To the EoF bunker!

KasimiR

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the fact that one has used legit carts doesn't affect anything, you connect online with a public header using sky 3ds and you're banned, they don't check to see if the user has played legit games before.
well, thanks for replying. What I really mean is that, for example, I have used sky and got connected before but now I'm using the legit card only. Do I still have the risk of being banned?

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, thanks for replying. What I really mean is that, for example, I have used sky and got connected before but now I'm using the legit card only. Do I still have the risk of being banned?

We dunno exactly when nintendo started or if they've been keeping a log of everyone that connected in the past months using public headers, we only know that bans started after firmware 9.5 so if you connected recently you're already running the risk of getting banned next time you try to go online.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most of the bans happened 5 days or more after a flash cart was used. So stopping may not help. If you are going to get hit you will.

Put a blindfold on, light a smoke, pray for survival.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
We dunno exactly when nintendo started or if they've been keeping a log of everyone that connected in the past months using public headers, we only know that bans started after firmware 9.5 so if you connected recently you're already running the risk of getting banned next time you try to go online.

I'd say Ninty's action is most likely reactive aka they ban you after you go online now (if they catch you), instead of scanning months of usage data. Hopefully I'm right.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd say Ninty's action is most likely reactive aka they ban you after you go online now (if they catch you), instead of scanning months of usage data. Hopefully I'm right.
Yeah, not many people have only ever connected to online services with private headers/retail cartridges like me. I thought something like this might become an issue at some point.

:P

zannalabianca

Trophies
XP
Country
i always using a PUBLIC header with a PUBLIC ROM file
i playng Pokemon Y and Rubn with this header, i haven't get banned(and NEVER), really (=

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i playng Pokemon Y and Rubn with this header, i haven't get banned(and NEVER), really (=
all roms are public, its only the header that is different between roms, nobody knows the specifics of what triggers the bans, they may be doing them in small batches, they may just be doing random scans and banning as they catch them......could even be one of the bosses with a big list of known targets playing eeny, meeny, miny, moe with everyone

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
it's not just that..I have CIA's...but I choose to not go online with EMUNAND with them, I have a retail cart of smash to go online.

retail = online
pirate = 3DZ / CIA.

It's really that simple. No mucking around with headers, ROM patching or spoofing required
That sounds like a sound plan... Assuming that Nintendo can't, or won't, start banning for playing pirates games offline too.

Just be sure to comment here in the next few days to let us know you're banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43