Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For anyone using a Private Header from a different game on the ROM you're using, you're safe. But I'm pretty certain that in the future, Nintendo will upgrade the system to also verifying if the header code matches the game in their database. Which means if you're using a Private Header from a different game on the ROM that you're using, you can still risk getting banned.

But luckily, this hasn't happened yet. But just to be on the safe side, I'd only recommend using a Private Header from the same type of game (and region) on a different ROM of the same game and region.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
There were two cases and both were false alarms. The first was from a guy who was using public header games as early as 5 days prior. The second was fixed due to just changing firmwares or something (in other words, wasn't the same issue as others).

Radxical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone using a Private Header from a different game on the ROM you're using, you're safe. But I'm pretty certain that in the future, Nintendo will upgrade the system to also verifying if the header code matches the game in their database. Which means if you're using a Private Header from a different game on the ROM that you're using, you can still risk getting banned.

But luckily, this hasn't happened yet. But just to be on the safe side, I'd only recommend using a Private Header from the same type of game (and region) on a different ROM of the same game and region.
I'm sure it's in their capability to do so. It's just that as it stands right now, the current ban waves are already a major deterrence to prospective Gateway/Sky3ds buyers. For all we know, this could be the very last thing other than firmware updates to "ban".

They might just now focus on disabling the card instead of banning.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like every January (alright, early february) we get to have a scare :)

This time, it isn't as bad as bricks though ^^

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is almost time to test private headers for real with MH4U. The Europe version is out but I'm gonna wait for the US release.

Hopefully private headers really are safe.

Do you guys think it's safe to use the eshop still? I wanna buy a few games.
Yes

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I wish there was more official talk on the matter. The speculation is driving me nuts.
I wonder if Nintendo is able to see all IP addresses linked to the 3DS and can remotely look at our browsing history, see that we visit these websites, and then ban us for discussing it :(

There are no reported cases yet but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I'm sure that the ToS allows it.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if Nintendo is able to see all IP addresses linked to the 3DS and can remotely look at our browsing history, see that we visit these websites, and then ban us for discussing it :(

There are no reported cases yet but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I'm sure that the ToS allows it.
Yes, even Sony and Microsoft can see their users IP addresses of the user's ISP of their own console that their users use. Every website owner can have tools to track the users IP addresses whenever they visit their own website. And of course, Nintendo Network can also see their user's console IDs, the game they're playing, their 3DS or Wii U firmware version, and just recently... their games' unique header code. And it's not impossible for Nintendo to also implement the ability to view what is stored in that user's 3DS or Wii U RAM. So if they really wanted to crack down on users using emuNAND, they certainly would do exactly that.

I just hope that never happens before I'm able to use Gateway when it's able to be used for New 3DS, otherwise I'll be screwed and won't be able to do the system transfer, since it requires connection to Nintendo Network in order to do so. And I'm pretty sure any banned console IDs won't be able to do a system transfer either.

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
This was bound to happen, but it seems the ban is linked to you NNID? Not the system, so I guess signing a new account on the system would do. Of course you'd lose your shit.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are people being actively banned, or are bans going out in waves/daily/something? I was using public headers up until maybe 8 days ago, but I only played a single third-party title online. I'm still not banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: greetings gamer class