Hacking Error 20100 when using USB Loader GX to play online in Mario Kart Wii using Wiimmfi

Paradox174

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using USB Loader GX to play Mario Kart Wii and I set the "Private server" option to Wiimmfi to play online. However, when I open MKW and go to Nintendo WFC, I get error 20100.

I ran an internet connection test in the Wii menu and it succeeded, so I know I'm connected to the Internet.

I tried setting "Private server" to Wiimmfi both globally and specifically for MKW. I also tried setting a custom address to wiimmfi.de, which also did not work.

I saw a post on the Wiimmfi Forum that said that it might be a temporary server outage, but I tried both yesterday and today and it didn't work either day.

I would try the Priiloader patcher with a disc, but I don't have MKW on a disc.

Does anybody have an idea what could be the issue? If need be, I can post a SysCheck. Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Update: I figured it out! I had changed my DNS to the WiiLink DNS, which was causing issues with WiiMC-SS's YouTube functionality. Mario Kart Wii online works after setting it back to auto-detection (i.e. not WiiLink). Hoping this helps anybody else facing a similar issue with this very specific configuration. 😂

Last edited by Paradox174,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters +1