Hi, I wanted to homebrew this old 3DS that I got off the internet, it is very old (version 11.6) and on the SD there is a file called webkithax_tmp.bin and DCIS folder (which I think is normal??). However, when I try to paste the contents of the old SD onto a new 32GB SD card (formatted to FAT32) it gives me the 0x80004005 unspecified error. How do I fix this?
Do you get that error message when you copy the files from the SD to your hard drive, or are you copying the files directly from one SD card to another?
Why are you trying to copy the contents of the SD card in the first place? You won't need any of the files on it.
Anyway, try Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier. And make sure you test your new SD card with h2testw while it is empty.
Do you get that error message when you copy the files from the SD to your hard drive, or are you copying the files directly from one SD card to another?
Why are you trying to copy the contents of the SD card in the first place? You won't need any of the files on it.
Anyway, try Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier. And make sure you test your new SD card with h2testw while it is empty.
The folder IS DCIM, it's full of photos so I'm guessing it's not relevant.
I get the error when copying from one SD to another, and when copying from SD to hard drive.
I thought that you would at least need the folder named "Nintendo 3DS" (something like that) to run the system of something? If I just put in an empty SD would it work normally? I'm new to homebrew/hacking so I'm not sure.
I deleted the webkithax_tmp.bin (any idea what that is?) file and it still gives the error. I even tried using a different laptop and it still doesn't work. I've attached a photo of the error just in case it helps.
I'll try the things you reccomended in a minute and see how it goes.
Do you get that error message when you copy the files from the SD to your hard drive, or are you copying the files directly from one SD card to another?
Why are you trying to copy the contents of the SD card in the first place? You won't need any of the files on it.
Anyway, try Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier. And make sure you test your new SD card with h2testw while it is empty.
The folder IS DCIM, it's full of photos so I'm guessing it's not relevant.
I get the error when copying from one SD to another, and when copying from SD to hard drive.
I thought that you would at least need the folder named "Nintendo 3DS" (something like that) to run the system of something? If I just put in an empty SD would it work normally? I'm new to homebrew/hacking so I'm not sure.
I deleted the webkithax_tmp.bin (any idea what that is?) file and it still gives the error. I even tried using a different laptop and it still doesn't work. I've attached a photo of the error just in case it helps.
I'll try the things you reccomended in a minute and see how it goes.
Post automatically merged:
Never mind, I've resolved it!! You were right, I didn't need to copy anything. Thank you so much for the help!!
webkithax_tmp.bin isn't important. It's a temp file created by one of the browser exploits but it gets recreated when the exploit is ran again.
The old SD probably has some corrupted data or the SD itself is going bad. That error is never a good sign. You should do a full format on the card then run a thorough scan with CheckDisk by running chkdsk /F /R /X E: in cmd (replace E: with the correct drive letter) and make sure it doesn't come up with any errors. If there are errors, toss the card. If it passes, it's probably a usable card, but I wouldn't trust it with important files.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...