Hacking Homebrew Error 0x80004005 when copying SD

emimimi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wanted to homebrew this old 3DS that I got off the internet, it is very old (version 11.6) and on the SD there is a file called webkithax_tmp.bin and DCIS folder (which I think is normal??). However, when I try to paste the contents of the old SD onto a new 32GB SD card (formatted to FAT32) it gives me the 0x80004005 unspecified error. How do I fix this?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you will find that folder is named DCIM.

Do you get that error message when you copy the files from the SD to your hard drive, or are you copying the files directly from one SD card to another?

Why are you trying to copy the contents of the SD card in the first place? You won't need any of the files on it.

Anyway, try Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier. And make sure you test your new SD card with h2testw while it is empty.

emimimi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Do you get that error message when you copy the files from the SD to your hard drive, or are you copying the files directly from one SD card to another?

Why are you trying to copy the contents of the SD card in the first place? You won't need any of the files on it.

Anyway, try Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier. And make sure you test your new SD card with h2testw while it is empty.
The folder IS DCIM, it's full of photos so I'm guessing it's not relevant.

I get the error when copying from one SD to another, and when copying from SD to hard drive.

I thought that you would at least need the folder named "Nintendo 3DS" (something like that) to run the system of something? If I just put in an empty SD would it work normally? I'm new to homebrew/hacking so I'm not sure.

I deleted the webkithax_tmp.bin (any idea what that is?) file and it still gives the error. I even tried using a different laptop and it still doesn't work. I've attached a photo of the error just in case it helps.

I'll try the things you reccomended in a minute and see how it goes.
Post automatically merged:

Never mind, I've resolved it!! You were right, I didn't need to copy anything. Thank you so much for the help!!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The folder IS DCIM, it's full of photos so I'm guessing it's not relevant.

I get the error when copying from one SD to another, and when copying from SD to hard drive.

I thought that you would at least need the folder named "Nintendo 3DS" (something like that) to run the system of something? If I just put in an empty SD would it work normally? I'm new to homebrew/hacking so I'm not sure.

I deleted the webkithax_tmp.bin (any idea what that is?) file and it still gives the error. I even tried using a different laptop and it still doesn't work. I've attached a photo of the error just in case it helps.

I'll try the things you reccomended in a minute and see how it goes.
Post automatically merged:

Never mind, I've resolved it!! You were right, I didn't need to copy anything. Thank you so much for the help!!
webkithax_tmp.bin isn't important. It's a temp file created by one of the browser exploits but it gets recreated when the exploit is ran again.
The old SD probably has some corrupted data or the SD itself is going bad. That error is never a good sign. You should do a full format on the card then run a thorough scan with CheckDisk by running chkdsk /F /R /X E: in cmd (replace E: with the correct drive letter) and make sure it doesn't come up with any errors. If there are errors, toss the card. If it passes, it's probably a usable card, but I wouldn't trust it with important files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...