Hacking Error 003'd Wii

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do not freak out too much JoostinOnline, I linked him to your post, which had your disclaimer in it, and I did actually give fgghjjkll both suggestions (both IOS patching and KoreanKii), and he opted for KoreanKii, even after me telling him that if it does fail and bricks, it's unfixable. So he knew that before running KoreanKii.

EDIT: Ah ok tueidj, that is good to know. I was actually wondering what the actual chance of failure would be.

I guess the only main real plus side now with reinstalling IOS is, that if it fails, it can be undone with NAND backup + keys + programmer, as opposed to being unable to recover at all from a messed up SEEPROM.

My question now is, now that we have seen this code work successfully quite a few times, which would be safer, or "better" to recommend to people in the future and include into the existing Wii modding guides and programs?
The patching and installing IOS60 into slots 70 and 80 method?
Or the SEEPROM Korean Key erase method?

EDIT2: JoostinOnline, I dare you to test it now :P

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The chances of that happening are much less likely than a screw up while reinstalling the system menu IOS.
Glad to know that. I'm a very cautious person when it comes to anything I write. Despite the simplicity my code in KoreanKii (it barely surpasses "Hello World" lol), I was still very nervous releasing it because I kept thinking "What if I make this available and people brick their Wii's through it?" I kept thinking I might have mixed something up, that maybe I had to initialize something before running set_korean, or maybe I wasn't checking that AHBPROT was disabled. I get very paranoid about such things, because I feel responsible if anything goes wrong. I even asked megazig to look through the code.

I had confidence in what you wrote, I was just sure I would screw something up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...