Epic Mickey doesnt work on Configurable USB loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by daver1, Nov 20, 2010.

1. daver1
    OP

daver1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2010
    Hi,

Does anyone else have problems booting Epic Mickey on Configurable USB Loader? I have a PAL wii with fw 4.2 and Configurable USB Loader v61 with ciosx rev 20 installed. i have tried to force pal, anit 002 fix but it just doesnt load. Every other game i have on the HDD works perfect but its just Epic Mickey that wont boot..... Any suggestions?

2. DJ91990

DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    Oakwood Region
    I am going to take a wild guess here and say that Epic Mickey is using a new SDK from Nintendo.

Nintendo issues new SDKs to developers every couple of months and seeing how this release was close to the holiday season, I would not be surprised if this is some sort of anti-copying software placed on the game that would require some sort of IOS file in order for the game to run properly.

If you have tried everything that is stated on the wiki (if any) then it is most likely out of your control and you will need to wait for an update.

3. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    the pal version that was leaked works fine on config loader... i have the same laoder rev and cios you do and mine runs it..maybe you got a bad dump.. b/c ive been playing it with no issue on an NTSC System.. if you have a pal wii, you dont need to force PAL..

4. arogance1

arogance1 GBAtemp Fan

May 17, 2008
    UK
    No problems playing here either

5. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    You need to update your game-specific IOS via Dop-Mii, MMM, or similar homebrew.

6. Benjay

Benjay Hardstyle Addict

May 25, 2009
    France
    Amiens
    Which is totally useless if you play the game with a USBloader.... [​IMG]

7. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    What base did you use for rev20?
    And what IOS do you use in to load the game with?

8. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Exactly, thanks.

I'm sure it does matter which base IOS you used. When do people learn that it is important, and that "ciosx rev 20" doesn't tell which cIOS they have installed.

9. daver1
    OP

daver1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2010
    Hi thanks all for your input. I am using cIOSX rev20 by waninkoko and try to start with IOS 249. the only thing that happens is the screen just goes black. Every other game like Metroid other M, SMG2 or NSMB works perfectly. Maybe ill try deleting the game and install another copy. ill let yo know how it goes

10. unlocked

unlocked Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2010
    Italy
    same here:black screen with configurable usb loader...what can i do to make it work?

11. Walkin

Walkin travel

Mar 14, 2008
    United States
    Anyone have a fix for this yet?

** Edit **

Re-copied my game to the HDD and it works. Must have not copied over correctly the first time.

12. RetroHero

RetroHero Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2009
    Rev20 base 57 works great for this game.

13. Skiller

Skiller GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2009
    Canada

USB
    Rev20 (Slot 249) 57 seem to crash where u see the first mickey painting .. (When game first starts)
    Rev20 (Slot 250) 37 Seems to run this game

Disc
    Ligit disc worked for me and no ask for an update.. but i still like usb Since easer game selection [​IMG]