Epic Games to sue former employee over leaking Fortnite comet details

Llama-LTM-770x403.jpg

The company behind Fortnite, Epic Games, is in the process of taking legal action against one of their ex-employees. They've alleged that the former worker, named Thomas Hannah, who was in charge of QA, had been leaking private information to gaming news outlets and the Fortnite subreddit. The contents of which were over the game's third and fourth seasons, and were strictly under NDA. Epic is demanding compensation for "irreparable injury" due to the leaks, as well as paying for the legal fees required to make the suit. Hannah and his lawyer are trying to get the charges dismissed, stating that an unidentified third party pressured the information via guesses and questions that implicated Hannah, resulting in the eventual leaks. Though he says it was of no fault of his own, he is thereby admitting to having indulged in a conversation over information that was classified under an NDA with Epic Games.

:arrow: Source

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Phone Call
Epic Games: Hello?
Thomas: Hey what's up?
Epic Games: We need to talk. Can you come here?
Thomas: uh I can't, i'm buying comets.
Epic Games: Um, then hurry up and come over here.
Thomas: uh I can't find 'em.
Epic Games: What do you mean you can't find 'em?
Thomas: I can't find 'em, there's only sue.

(in fact, he already leaked them so there's only sue on his way)

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He deserves everything he gets. I would have loved to have shared my experience with Unravel Two from back in February but I was under a NDA so you know what I did ... I didn't say a thing. Altho I'm long overdue to write up my experiences with EA

Reactions: Juggalo Debo

syntaxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He deserves everything he gets. I would have loved to have shared my experience with Unravel Two from back in February but I was under a NDA so you know what I did ... I didn't say a thing. Altho I'm long overdue to write up my experiences with EA
I would read it. I have heard working at EA is like working in a sweatshop, is it true?

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would read it. I have heard working at EA is like working in a sweatshop, is it true?

I've never technically 'worked' for EA so can't really comment about that. I actually go through their playtesting sessions and as far as that goes you are really treated really well. For example if you are doing an all day session ( 9am - 5pm ) you have 3 breaks in the day, a 20 minutes one in the morning, an hour for lunch and then another 20 minute break in the afternoon and they also pay for any meals or snacks that you may want from their cafeteria. Then at the end of the session(s) you are given whatever rewards you picked when you signed up.

I've done about 4 of these sessions now, battlefield 1, Unravel Two and 2 games I still can't talk about and have had a good experience each time .

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, epic games have had it all go their head. First, they make a popular engine that many famous video games use then use their own creativity to make a wildly successful game. Which is all well and good for them because they are making money and gaining momentum from it. But what annoys me the most is how they seem to be utter jerks about it. The company and the whole community, It is just a video game like really people calm the fuck down. For all, we know this guy isn't even guilty but epic is probably going to win because they have money and lawyers. Can someone please tell me what "irreparable injury" this guy has caused. Seriously season 3 is over and season 4 will be over by the end of July. With all the stupid teenagers buying "V-bucks" I'm sure whatever damage this guy has caused will be fixed by the time season 5 comes out. If not then just used some flex tape and we will be good to go!!!:rofl2::yay:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've never technically 'worked' for EA so can't really comment about that. I actually go through their playtesting sessions and as far as that goes you are really treated really well. For example if you are doing an all day session ( 9am - 5pm ) you have 3 breaks in the day, a 20 minutes one in the morning, an hour for lunch and then another 20 minute break in the afternoon and they also pay for any meals or snacks that you may want from their cafeteria. Then at the end of the session(s) you are given whatever rewards you picked when you signed up.

I've done about 4 of these sessions now, battlefield 1, Unravel Two and 2 games I still can't talk about and have had a good experience each time .
jeez sounds like a really good life. how did you get to that position

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So PUBG is suing Fortnite and they are suing Hannah. I wonder who he will sue.
flex tape. Look at my comment and it will make sense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)