Epic Games is compensating Fortnite and Rocket League players that bought random loot boxes

maxresdefault.jpg

Back in the earlier days of Fortnite, the game made its money off of loot boxes that had random items within. As the concept of loot boxes began to draw ire, from both players and governments worldwide, Epic Games removed the feature and replaced it with a rotating storefront. Similarly, when Rocket League was still owned by Psyonix, it too used the loot box formula in order to earn extra money from gamers gambling on item drops. Rocket League also eventually phased that feature out, and just like Fortnite, it now operates on a rotating storefront with set items available for purchase each day.

Players of either game that spent real money on crate or llama keys during that time will be given compensation, now, as Epic Games is offering 1,000 V-Bucks/Rocket League Credits to those "affected". The compensation is part of a preliminary class-action lawsuit in the United States regarding Epic Games and loot boxes, though the company is still giving the 1,000 credits to anyone who made those select purchases regardless of location, worldwide. The 1,000 V-Bucks/Credits will be added to players' accounts within the next few days.

Whether you were a fan of random item Loot Llamas or not, with preliminary approval for a class action settlement, we’re awarding 1,000 V-Bucks to anyone that purchased a random Loot Llama. While this settlement was for U.S. players only, we have decided to make this benefit available to players globally. There’s no action needed on your part, and you should receive your V-Bucks within the next few days.

:arrow: Source

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't seem to be much positive publicity in this thread.

I probably didn't give much info to explain what I meant.

I was talking about when Epic publicly talking about this, they clearly put a positive spin on it (obviously) and try and use it to their benefit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7