ENTIRE F-Zero AX Found inside F-Zero GX

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow.....it's hard to believe that this was hidden for so long, like it's been years since the games been released and no one noticed it, it makes you wonder what else has been hidden away in games yet to be discovered. really cool find! :D

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You have GOT to be kidding me. An ENTIRE GAME was hidden for years within another game? :blink:

Wow...gotta say my birthday starts out nice already. And I've only been awake for like thirty minutes. :D

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
If this is a ghetto Triforce loader, I wonder if it can accept other Triforce roms? :unsure:
I played with it for a bit, and judging from the presentation (The 'Save Replay' menu is named 'F-Zero GX Menu'), I'd say that it just has the resources of AX in GX, and it swaps them out and modifies where fit.

Reactions: Rydian

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I guess a bit of an update,

The PAL code does not work on actual hardware, I've tested and it's been reported before. A bit of a disappointment for PAL users such as myself.

The NTSC code supposedly does. I wouldn't know.

Note, I'm using NeoGamma to boot my disc with the .gct in the 'codes' folder on my SD card. It detects the file (Says 'Patching codes' or whatever), but doesn't work caus PAL.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm gonna have to be the one to use this huh?

35874512.jpg

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I love shit like this. Something hidden deep in a game for years that finally gets discovered. Like how the Memory manager screen in the Gamecube is just a really slowed down version of the Famicom Disk System theme. Or the pilot of South Park being hidden in the first Tiger Woods PGA tour game for the Playstation (though I don't think that was hidden for too long). Makes me wonder what else has just been sitting there not yet discovered.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I have the NTSC retail disc, and I also am using devolution through wiiflow, can I make this work? Absolutely love F-zero. Somebody drop some knowledge on me!!!

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Found out about this yesterday, and got it working using DIOS MIOS with USBLoaderGX & Ocarina/gct file method, runs a treat! ;)
Was actually this place where I figured out how to do it too: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-ocarina-with-dios-mios.330291/
squablo, I use neither wiiflow or devolution so I dunno, it's probably a different method, but I'm assuming it shouldn't be too difficult...

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not like these tracks weren't playable in GX in the first place, you could unlock AX by either being good at the game (US/EU versions only) or taking your memory card to a F-Zero AX arcade unit. If unlocking them normally is too hard for you then use a code to do it, though I highly suggest taking your time and try to do it on your own. It's really satisfying and really helps you improve your game, there are excellent guides on how to do it on the net.

Still, neat that they found the arcade interface hidden inside the game after all these years, hopefully more people get interested in picking up GX again thanks to these news.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@