Not open for further replies.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have enough most of you picking on me that I am deaf. "How did you can hear it when you use audio problem?" Ok are you f***ing stupid or what? Have you ever heard about hear-aid? That why I can hear audio stuff. Which mean I can hear nearly anything, but not so perfectly to hear it. I think you need go back to school and learn about deaf culture and what deaf people can do. If you don't know anything about deaf culture, then get your a** in google and see yourself. That why I am wearing hear-aid and I can talk to people, but not perfect speak of the word. So enough picking on me.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised, and sorry, that you were made fun of for this. In what thread did this occur?

On an aside, I am curious: Is it a hearing aid that you use, or is it a cochlear implant? Or maybe they're the same thing? Forgive my ignorance of the deaf community.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You should post that in your blog if you want to talk about yourself.
I'm closing this as it will only get you more angry comments.

Please calm down, and don't pay attention to other people's comments.
Take some distance and don't feel attacked.

Just for you to know : in other countries (like France), "deaf" = no sound at all, it can't be fixed or cured, you can feel vibration with your body but the ears are not working (it's in the brain). While "mal-entendant" (not hearing correctly) =/= deaf, the person can still hear sounds with ear-aid.
Maybe in US there's only one word to define this, that's why people don't understand.

You should explain it more calmly instead of going berserk, it won't help you on the forum if you become aggressive (even if you have enough of all these comments).

If you want to discuss about it calmly, you are welcome to do it on your blog.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been expecting this.

First of all, I don't think that most of the people here believe that you're "stupid" for having hearing trouble.
You can't help that any more than we can help our own genetic problems.
I've seen where people have mistaken your intelligence level, but that's because they're judging you by how you communicate.
In this case, how you type is how you present yourself, and we really have nothing else to judge you on.
It's certainly not a perfect system, and it's biased towards people who can hear, and who natively speak English.
Most of us who have learned about your problem work a bit harder to understand you.
But we can only do so much.
I can and will ask people to try and be more understanding.
But you might have to take up some of the slack, and explain things in more detail at times.
I know it's frustrating, and I wish there were a better way. But right now there is not.

Most people here want to be helpful.
But this is one case where you'll have to help us help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E