Hacking English patched Pokemon White errcode -4

plouman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I just registered, and im from Project Pokemon, i have been told that the patch you apply onto the pokemon b/w rom changes its game id meaning it causes the loading fail so i have asked someone who made the patch about the problem

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
plouman said:
Hi.
I just registered, and im from Project Pokemon, i have been told that the patch you apply onto the pokemon b/w rom changes its game id meaning it causes the loading fail so i have asked someone who made the patch about the problem
...There isn't a problem with the patch...ALL patches do that to the rom they are patching...the person who made the patch is just going to tell you to use a clean rom or change whatever isn't working with your rom (infolib/extinfo/cheats/etc) and make them reflect the new game ID if you really need the patch...

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sinse your rom is patched it would have changed the seciond part of the gameID - there for the loader in infolib.dat gameID is usless , If you know the first part of the gameID look for it in infolib.dat with the program TTDT.exe , look at your gameID with r4cee ,

TTDT.exe infolib.dat , extinfo.dat , savelib.dat , usrcheat.dat edtor

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218...t=0&start=0

R4cee

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013928/bin/r4cce086.zip

r4cee - add game - GameID right side - click on three dot's ... next to DUP? , Open your "game" and Your new GameID will be in the two boxes

Edied infolib.dat with TTDT.exe - Use first four part of GameID to get the infolib.dat code for that original game you can copy/paste it Ctrl C copy and Ctrl V paste - Make a new one and add new GameID both from r4cee and open and paste code into it from the original - just save as and make a new infolib.dat to use - (Note) do not override old infolib.dat - it don't work that way for some resion....

Hope this helps

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CoIncidentFire said:
drwhojan, what do I do after I get the gameID?

If you are using the patched rom , just add it into the infolib.dat using ttdt.exe , with the code used from the original game , encrypted GameID, The first 4 part of the gameID will lead you to find it in serch

Add your gameID as new and paste code into it

If the rom is Already patched it just needs infolib.dat info code only with the new GameID

CoIncidentFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drwhojan said:
CoIncidentFire said:
drwhojan, what do I do after I get the gameID?

If you are using the patched rom , just add it into the infolib.dat using ttdt.exe , with the code used from the original game , encrypted GameID, The first 4 part of the gameID will lead you to find it in serch

Add your gameID as new and paste code into it

If the rom is Already patched it just needs infolib.dat info code only with the new GameID
Okay so the gameID for the original game is IRAJ 4F2FDEC2
And for the patched version is IRAJ B8FA503D

What now?

Sorry for asking a lot of questions

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry but please take a slower read at my over post befor to get the Idear - and download the usefull TTDT.exe - you can open the infolib.dat file with it , select the same file and it will open it

Data(D) add enrty - add gameID code is first 4 part IRAJ and ID seciond B8FA503D - OK

don't bother with title

Do find the original with first 4 part ID , EDIT(E) - Find(F) - dubble click on it and select all and copy code Ctrl C - goto your new name ID and pase code into it from the top corner Ctrl V - OK it

SaveAS to a new folder - then deleate your old infolib.dat from ttmenu folder and replace it with the new one

I should upload images - as that can show better with instructions!

rom666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drwhojan said:
Sorry but please take a slower read at my over post befor to get the Idear - and download the usefull TTDT.exe - you can open the infolib.dat file with it , select the same file and it will open it

Data(D) add enrty - add gameID code is first 4 part IRAJ and ID seciond B8FA503D - OK

don't bother with title

Do find the original with first 4 part ID , EDIT(E) - Find(F) - dubble click on it and select all and copy code Ctrl C - goto your new name ID and pase code into it from the top corner Ctrl V - OK it

SaveAS to a new folder - then deleate your old infolib.dat from ttmenu folder and replace it with the new one

I should upload images - as that can show better with instructions!

The new codes have been entered into the infolib.dat and extinfo.dat files. They still do not load the patched games.... I patched clean roms and even removed the hex for the clean roms leaving only the new ones. Still no go....

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ Rom666

I wonder if the code in extinfo.dat would be causing the problem with the patched rom its self , If the rom is patched it requires only the speedup and boot of the rom that's infolib.dat job!

Extinfo.dat is patches for roms that's its job - there for it's using a patch over a patched rom and the hex fixes might be diffrent for bouth would confuse it from running proper

So don't have the GameID + Patch in extinfo.dat for the patched rom only

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool