Translation [ENG Translation] Itadaki Street Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary

Pyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you for the awesome job you're doing, i cannot wait to the masterpiece.

But i want to try the old version and my game crashes everytime i open it, is there any issue? I have repatch and running asia version

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there , i know is a little off topic but is online play in this game still supported on vita / PS4 ?

Even if its only with friends

Ty

Animefan8451

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya!
Just want to let you know that we made some progress on the Translation!
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I've also setup a GitHub-Project where I shared the decompiled, plain textfiles so more people can help translating them.
With the help of the Dragon Quest Community, we already made some progress.
https://github.com/Cellenseres/ItadakiPSVita_FanslationProject
Hi, was wondering if you had plans to translate the DQ11 DLC stuff? Like Sylvando and the new map?

Choppasmith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @dude22072 ! Just wanted to say your translation works well with VIta3k making the game much more accessible. I wanted to ask if there are any more updates planned since there's still a lot missing? If not, could I do it? I already have experience working on the PS2 and PSP versions and want to join @xXDungeon_CrawlerXx in a proper full translation of the JP version, but like my PS2 release, I thought it might be nice to have more of the gaps filled and make it a little more accessible because the character dialog is a HUUUUGE amount to of text to translate. I just don't know how you guys are editing the files as they don't seem to be basic SJIS encoded.

Last edited by Choppasmith,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi @dude22072 ! Just wanted to say your translation works well with VIta3k making the game much more accessible. I wanted to ask if there are any more updates planned since there's still a lot missing? If not, could I do it? I already have experience working on the PS2 and PSP versions and want to join @xXDungeon_CrawlerXx in a proper full translation of the JP version, but like my PS2 release, I thought it might be nice to have more of the gaps filled and make it a little more accessible because the character dialog is a HUUUUGE amount to of text to translate. I just don't know how you guys are editing the files as they don't seem to be basic SJIS encoded.
Hey!
The Translation Project is still on my List, had to stop for a while due to another personal project. It's not dead, tho!
Yea, just opening the files in an editor + translating it isn't the way to go.
All the text is stored in binary format, at least for the PSVita and PS4 Version of this game.
I for example wrote a tool in UnityEngine to read all the text out of these binaries with all the important information besides text from the binaries (like number of messages in total, length of the text per message etc)
using this information, I made a pretty dirty tool in Unity to translate the text and rebuild a new binary out of the translated stuff.
Since after translation a lot of messages are longer, I had to modify the code to read the longer messages.

Most of that can be seen here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/eng-tra...-fantasy-30th-anniversary.539905/post-9624962
and here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/eng-tra...-fantasy-30th-anniversary.539905/post-9621363

EDIT:

I also need to clarify that I'm able to decompile the Mono-Assemblies of the PSVita Game easily.
I also can rebuild the Mono-Assemblies for the PSVita version because I have the exact Version of the PSVita SDK + Unity Version + Unity Addon the Devs used for the Game.

Modding the Code for the PS4 Version of the Game is not doable for me.
I don't have access to the same Unity Version the Devs used for the Game on PS4 nor the Unity Addon.
I do have access to the correct SDK, tho (having access to siedev.net).

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

Choppasmith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Translation Project is still on my List, had to stop for a while due to another personal project. It's not dead, tho!
No worries. I've been trying to fully translate Special (PS2) since 2017. I've had people fluent in Japanese offer to translate, they do a couple lines and then peace out without saying anything. About a year ago I finally said F*k it and am doing them all myself with DeepL. Thought maybe you were having the same problem.

The interesting thing is, thanks to your GitHub upload I was able to find that a lot of the text is IDENTICAL to Portable (PSP) right down to line breaks. I wanted to propose if it's okay if we could "share" translations. Like I could use what you've translated for 30th for say, Bianca, in Portable while you could use what I translate in Portable for say, Balthier, (I'm not actually that far yet, but you get what I mean?) It's been taking me about a month for each character so I'd appreciate anything that could lighten my load.
Modding the Code for the PS4 Version of the Game is not doable for me.
I wouldn't have it any other way, honestly. The Vita version runs near perfectly in Vita3K now and with NPS Browser you can download all the free dlc. So unless SE announces a Switch port or something, it would be there preferable way to play the game.

Edit: If you wanted to compare Portable to 30th here's the character text rip on a Google Sheet

Last edited by Choppasmith,
Reactions: Ahmir

dude22072

OP
Trophies
Website
dude22072.com
XP
Country
United States
I just don't know how you guys are editing the files as they don't seem to be basic SJIS encoded.
As far as I recall they're UTF-8. My patch is for the Chinese/Korean version so I don't think you're gonna find any SJIS here.

Yea, just opening the files in an editor + translating it isn't the way to go.
Guess what I did for like two weeks straight back in 2019 lmao. HxD my beloved.
I have no intention of going back. Three years later and I'm still burned out of doing that.

Don't know if I ever made it clear in earlier posts but once Dungeon_Crawler picked up work on this I felt like it would be rude to push out updates to my patch when there was a community-run version being worked on. Call me crazy I suppose. Just keep in mind that the DQXI DLC overwrites some files in the base game so those need to be translated twice for people with and without DLC.

All this talk about translations reminds me that I started working on one for Love Live! Vita back in March. Guess I have something to work on after thanksgiving heh. At least that game is just script files...
Edit: Also if anyone knows of any maintained versions of RePatch I need to open an issue about Love Live DLC...

Reactions: Choppasmith

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
After a longer hiatus (sorry, had a lot of RL Stuff to do x_x), we're back with our Fan Translation Project!
But we have even better news for you!

We're back for the Itadaki Street - Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Fantranslation!
This time not only for the PSVita, but for the PS4 as well!
Here's a Proof of Concept, running the Mod as a Patch on the PS4!

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be nice of you to post your files publicly so other people can take up the project as your not working on it much anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-