Translation [ENG Translation] Itadaki Street Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally I got my Unity Instance to automatically compile a new MonoAssembliesPSP2.suprx (which contains the Code) by simply modifying the BuildPipeline for the PSVita (it now cross-compiles the dlls from a pre-defined directory instead of the code generated in Unity).

To test the new possibilities, I build a custom AssetBundle containing a new Scene (with a Canvas, containing a Text-Component) and loaded it with new custom code directly in the Game.
1633812925350.png
Now I've decided to write a Script to load Messages bigger than 256 byte. This will free us from the limitations on translations!

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
I prepared everything needed to work on the Translation!

- The game is now loading the Text from new files stored in "GAME/StreamingAssets/Translations/".
- The MessageSize-Limit is no problem anymore because we now can set our own for each MessageType!
- Building translated Message-Files is now pretty easily done in Unity
- Now being able to add ANY KIND OF CUSTOM CONTENT to the game!

Here are a few Screenshots I made (with some Descriptions):
1633861374586.png

1633861412312.png

1633861699563.png

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Did some more optimizations to the Code now.
When the Game loads, it now checks if the translated MessageFiles exist.
If a translated file is missing, it loads the original file instead.
The translated files will be stored in "GAME/StreamingAssets/Translations" as *filename*.translation
1633988073357.png

- Next step will be adding two bytes to the files determining the length of the Messages per file (currently hardcoded).
- Also started to translate parts of the game.

Anyone interested in helping with translating?

Reactions: Plattym3!

AllanFF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did some more optimizations to the Code now.
When the Game loads, it now checks if the translated MessageFiles exist.
If a translated file is missing, it loads the original file instead.
The translated files will be stored in "GAME/StreamingAssets/Translations" as *filename*.translation

- Next step will be adding two bytes to the files determining the length of the Messages per file (currently hardcoded).
- Also started to translate parts of the game.

Anyone interested in helping with translating?
I think a romhacker named Choppasmith from romhacking.net could be interested in helping, he worked on the PSP and PS2 versions.

Maybe you guys can help each other.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Heya!
Just want to let you know that we made some progress on the Translation!
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I've also setup a GitHub-Project where I shared the decompiled, plain textfiles so more people can help translating them.
With the help of the Dragon Quest Community, we already made some progress.
https://github.com/Cellenseres/ItadakiPSVita_FanslationProject

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, just wow!
I was the one who startet to search for people to translate the Game. Thanks then to dude22072 who really startet to translating the game which was then finally be playable :)
Sadly as he stated i wasnt online here for a long time which why he made this new thread. Now to see someone who tries to make a full translation makes me really happy. Hope this gets fully translated!
So many many thanks again to dude22072 who startet everything! and also thanks to you xXDungeon_CrawlerXx for continuing the translation :)

Reactions: Plattym3!

Plattym3!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, just wow!
I was the one who startet to search for people to translate the Game. Thanks then to dude22072 who really startet to translating the game which was then finally be playable :)
Sadly as he stated i wasnt online here for a long time which why he made this new thread. Now to see someone who tries to make a full translation makes me really happy. Hope this gets fully translated!
So many many thanks again to dude22072 who startet everything! and also thanks to you xXDungeon_CrawlerXx for continuing the translation :)
Thanks for start, to those who pushed it forward, and to those that will hopefully cross the finish line. It takes a village!

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn