they simply refuse operation until you unlocked them
with e.g. a keypad on the drive

those should work on wii too

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the time the game has made it to your usb drive, it has already been decrypted. games are stored on the nand and the disc you buy at the store in encrypted format. how about you jsut dont bypass that encryption in the first place?

Reactions: 2 people

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
by the time the game has made it to your usb drive, it has already been decrypted. games are stored on the nand and the disc you buy at the store in encrypted format. how about you just dont bypass that encryption in the first place?
Yep, thats prolly the best answer on the question. Sure its possible but there would be no point doing that, pirate is pirate.

Reactions: 3 people

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh, disc images are still stored encrypted on USB. Only wanky's really old warez loader (the one that was "leaked" and made him throw a shit fit) or SNEEK use decrypted content.

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh, disc images are still stored encrypted on USB. Only wanky's really old warez loader (the one that was "leaked" and made him throw a shit fit) or SNEEK use decrypted content.
I thought they were decrypted during the ripping process.

Regardless, I don't see the point of this thread.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Buy writing your own code. Thats the only way.

But why are you asking? Are you planning on selling hard drives loaded up with pirated warez and don't want some other schmoke ripping off your method of ripping off Nintendo?

Reactions: 2 people

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So you backup all your legal games on a usb drive in wbfs folder, how can you prevent other people from copying theses files and at the same time make them work on the wii?
Ductape. If the drive and the connecting cable are taped into position firmly enough then there's no way anyone is going to copy things from it. Oh, you'll need to tape your SD-slot shut as well, obviously.

On a less drastic measurement...you could set the folders on your drive to hidden (and hope that whomever gets hold of your disk doesn't know a damn). Or use a disk with a read-only lock (such as most SD cards have)...and...erm...glue that lock in the "locked" position. :P

But in all honesty...if another person knows how to hack his/her wii, the chances of that him/her knowing how to undo these kinds of things are pretty high.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So no one knows how.
Thanks
Dude...don't be a douche about it, okay?

You're making it sound like you're knowing something we don't. And I rather doubt that. Nobody made an encryption algorythm for...what? Everything on the drive?...because nobody could be bothered. Or worse: like DeadlyFoez said: it could be used by people who want to make money off illegal rips (if they'd sold their rips encrypted, they had no fear of customers exchanging games amongst them. Heck...they could even make MORE money by having games being added to the drive).

Reactions: 3 people

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
its not been done for one simple reason theres no need too
really i have to ask why you would want it do people keep coming round and copying your pirated games off your hdd so they dont have to download them ??

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is completely pointless to suggest such a feature. No one is going to ever copy your games off your hard drive, when every single one is already on the internet for anyone to download as they please. The whole idea is flawed, and no one is going to put time and effort into creating a flawed concept.

Reactions: 1 person

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The software that I like for encrypting drives is truecrypt. It's open source. And with a little knowledge, work, trial and error you could add certain functions of it into a usb loader. But no one here will take the time to do it. It would be a neat little feature to have, but if you're not pirating your games, and you're not selling pirated games, and you're not sharing pirated games then no one has any real reason to have their drive encrypted.

Although no one has fully ripped apart IOS59 (or at least I haven't seen it done yet), some people speculated that there could be some drive encryption feature built into that IOS, which may make it easier to do like you are wanting, but there is no legal way of obtaining IOS59 unless you were legally given the beta disc for Dragon Quest. So with that said, no one else will even bother to add in any features of IOS59 into any homebrew until it becomes available on NUS.

Sorry man, but you're out of luck here unless you want to start learning to code.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks Foez, I was just asking myself if this is possible or not especially after reading about ios59 and USB support.
I don't really care about this feature.
I don't know why it's so hard for some people to say "I don't know" instead of being offensive and sarcastic.

A better idea will be to make this security feature dependent on the wii's SN, but I know no one cares.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
@diddy81 what's so special about tpl-CMP format and why it's not supported by customiizemii?
thats a very off topic question for this thread
CMPR is a compressed tpl format that has no alpha
i think it was pune that told me that customizemiis CMPR code wasnt done right he said its fixable but its a format that never gets used anyway so i never tried
i would suggest you look in to gxtexconv

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1