AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@diddy81 what's so special about tpl-CMP format and why it's not supported by customiizemii?
thats a very off topic question for this thread
CMPR is a compressed tpl format that has no alpha
i think it was pune that told me that customizemiis CMPR code wasnt done right he said its fixable but its a format that never gets used anyway so i never tried
i would suggest you look in to gxtexconv
Thanks man, I will (Most of posts here are offtopic lol)
I found that changing this format almost always make the wad lead to a bannerbrick.
Sometimes changing the CMP to RGBA8 works! but I donno why.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I took a C++ class, we did really simple encryption with linear programming. The inverse matrix would of course decrypt it.

What you would have to do:

Develop a linear transformation that takes decrypted contents ---> Encrypted
Find the inverse of the tranformation that will take encrypted ---> decrypted

Find an open source wii game ripper app that takes Nintendo encrypted wii games ---> Decrypted Wii iso/.wbfs ---> your linear tranformation encryption

Develop a procedure that sits in unused memory of the wii during gameplay, that takes your linear tranformation encryption ---> Decrypt with precious wii resources with the inverse tranformation ---> Loads into game memory.

Since the Iso's are only read into a memory, there would be no need to re-encrypt the data. You would have to allocate a large enough memory buffer in unused memory so it doesn't slow your game down waiting for it to be decrypted (not sure where you are going to find so much spare memory), then follow USB loader commands to put it into a working memory.

I'm not sure how much spare memory the wii has that won't be overritten in gameplay, but I know the proportion size compared to actual used game memory is farely low and so you may see a performance lost while it's trying to decrypt the data.

--
Of course the encryption would be very low level as it's simple transformations and may easily be able to be reversed if someone really tried.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
when I took a C++ class, we did really simple encryption with linear programming. The inverse matrix would of course decrypt it.

What you would have to do:

Develop a linear transformation that takes decrypted contents ---> Encrypted
Find the inverse of the tranformation that will take encrypted ---> decrypted

Find an open source wii game ripper app that takes Nintendo encrypted wii games ---> Decrypted Wii iso/.wbfs ---> your linear tranformation encryption

Develop a procedure that sits in unused memory of the wii during gameplay, that takes your linear tranformation encryption ---> Decrypt with precious wii resources with the inverse tranformation ---> Loads into game memory.

Since the Iso's are only read into a memory, there would be no need to re-encrypt the data. You would have to allocate a large enough memory buffer in unused memory so it doesn't slow your game down waiting for it to be decrypted (not sure where you are going to find so much spare memory), then follow USB loader commands to put it into a working memory.

I'm not sure how much spare memory the wii has that won't be overritten in gameplay, but I know the proportion size compared to actual used game memory is farely low and so you may see a performance lost while it's trying to decrypt the data.

--
Of course the encryption would be very low level as it's simple transformations and may easily be able to be reversed if someone really tried.
I was thinking of something more simple like pre-boot authentication or custom authentication.
Security is a very wide topic and there's lots of ways to do it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_disk_encryption_software

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while I am working with computers, I'm going through my graduate education in Statistics and did my whole undergrad in pretty much applied mathematics (aside from a number of pure mathematics classes).

What it sounds like you would want to do is develop some sort of verification technique (Key, password).

Somehow alter the filesystem or partition table to require the verification in order to read the data on the drive in which the Wii and PC operating system would be able to handle, then access to materials that way?

I think it would be better to hardware modify the drive itself. Maybe prevent the HDD from functioning unless it has a specific chip in it. Sort of like how Toys now-adays come, the toy cannot receive power until you pull out the plastic strip?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm off-base here, but what about a simple PC program like "Folder Lock"....?
Could'nt you input a password for your wbfs folder on the drive?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
It's a nice way to learn and exchange opinions
It's not a nice way when you and everyone else is getting upset, bitching, fighting, trolling, and in the end you don't care for it so it started a whole mess for absolutely nothing.
I thought the problem that made the fights is the illegal channels not the hacking related questions

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a nice way to learn and exchange opinions
It's not a nice way when you and everyone else is getting upset, bitching, fighting, trolling, and in the end you don't care for it so it started a whole mess for absolutely nothing.
I thought the problem that made the fights is the illegal channels not the hacking related questions
It's your general attitude, especially when it comes to other people's work. I explained some of it here.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
LOL. Theres many things that cause fights. Just look at how religion causes endless amounts of fights.

But when you ask a few questions, and then kinda give smart ass responses to people and then tell them that you don't care anyways, I'm sure the people that were already have a bad taste about you, are now already bothered by you, and it was all a waste of their time to try to help someone that didn't want it anyways. Do you understand why people would be a little annoyed?

Reactions: 1 person

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't know why it's so hard for some people to say "I don't know" instead of being offensive and sarcastic.
There is no point in saying "I don't know". People who don't know have no business posting in this thread. You got offensive and sarcastic responses because this is the internet. The thing what drives people here to make comments even if they don't know shit is the resonance they seek. Obviously to get the biggest resonance you have to make comments that are offensive, sarcastic or generally aim to attract attention.

You should gather all the replies here, put them in your mouth like a big chunk of a watermelon, spit the useless replies out like cores and enjoy the actual pulp.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it is possible, but perhaps you could unencrypt a wii iso, then encrypt the iso with a different key. You could the patch that key into cios, like they do with the korean key. Then possibly you could have a different key and cios set for every customer you wished to help/screw. It should work for disc loading, not sure about usb. But I don't see why it would not, not like I would know, but it sounds good.

give it a try, just replace the korean key
d2xv7 base 56 was 00000012.app was 0x29078-0x29087
d2xv7 base 57 was 0000000e.app was 0x29078-0x29087
cios60 from cioscorp 3.6 was 0000000e.app was 0x28294-0x282a3

I would just use wiisrubber to extract the partition unencrypted, then make a key.bin with your special key and add the partition back with that. Add your key to the cios and give it a go. If it worked you would only be able to read the iso on the wii with the custom key.

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I just like the concept.
I might do some testing with 1 game and 1 cios just for fun. (this only needs a hex editor)
Thanks mauifrog

In theory using this method for the cios will not allow the running of unpatched ISOs right?
Also replacing the cIOS will bypass this security or just make the game loading fail?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.