ROM Hack enabling AR cheats

the_last_Quincy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i recently bought Action Replay DS and tried out some codes from reliable sources. the R4 allows me to enable cheats for most of my games like pkmn diamond, but not for Yu-Gi-Oh WC 2008, and i'm pretty sure i entered the correct id and cheat codes. on the menu it doesn't give me the "Cheat (Y)" option for YGWC 2008 even tho the codes are in my usrcheat.dat file. anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the_last_Quincy said:
i recently bought Action Replay DS and tried out some codes from reliable sources. the R4 allows me to enable cheats for most of my games like pkmn diamond, but not for Yu-Gi-Oh WC 2008, and i'm pretty sure i entered the correct id and cheat codes. on the menu it doesn't give me the "Cheat (Y)" option for YGWC 2008 even tho the codes are in my usrcheat.dat file. anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong?
The official Action Replay device doesn;t work on NDS Flashcards (Like the R4DS) and roms but the flashcards do support cheats. You can find a nice community cheat database in my signature that has tons of codes for Yu-Gi-Oh WC 2008 and over 700 other codes. All you need to do is download the file, unzip it and add it do your R4DS.

the_last_Quincy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmmm. i have codes for all the games i've stored on my R4 but the cheat (Y) function doesn't show up for two of them. i know i entered the codes correctly (and clicked Update Code for any manually entered ones) and have the usrcheat.dat file in _system_ as required. i also checked the language versions of the games and the codes are the same. does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? i've been perusing several forums and am sure that whatever the problem is, it has nothing to do with firmware cuz i have the latest one (v1.18), nor does it involve the format of my micro SD card. even patching my _DS_MENU.dat file doesn't have an effect (tho it's not malfunctioning cheats that's the problem, it's that i can't even enable them on the DS). i think it might be the ROMs themselves, the ones i downloaded anyway. tho it would be pretty random for me to have downloaded from reliable sources and just randomly ended up with two ROMs that cannot have cheats enabled...

edit: apparently i can just delete the old .nds files and reinstall new ones onto my SD card. that gets the cheats to show up. but i can no longer use my .sav file. can't remember if there's a way to work around the .sav issue...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!