Hacking EmuNAND9 creates the wrong sized emuNAND during Plailect's Guide

  • Thread starter Thread starter 3dsn00b
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,236
  • Replies Replies 5

3dsn00b

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
112
Reaction score
23
Trophies
0
Location
SysNand
XP
513
Country
Australia
Just something I have noticed. This is the third time I am doing Plailect's famous Guide.

During Part 3 (RedNAND) Section 8. Select "Complete RedNAND setup"

It created an EmuNAND that was 1240MB in size. I know for a fact that this particular N3DS has a 1.8GB SysNAND.

I never noticed this before with my previous two other N3DS's. Shouldn't it create and clone an EmuNAND the same size as the SysNAND?
 
Just something I have noticed. This is the third time I am doing Plailect's famous Guide.

During Part 3 (RedNAND) Section 8. Select "Complete RedNAND setup"

It created an EmuNAND that was 1240MB in size. I know for a fact that this particular N3DS has a 1.8GB SysNAND.

I never noticed this before with my previous two other N3DS's. Shouldn't it create and clone an EmuNAND the same size as the SysNAND?
minsize dump is a new feature of Decrypt9.
You shouldn't worry about it. 1240MB is all you need from the NAND dump. Everything else is just 00 bytes.
For old 3DS it's 943MB.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3dsn00b
minsize dump is a new feature of Decrypt9.
You shouldn't worry about it. 1240MB is all you need from the NAND dump. Everything else is just 00 bytes.
For old 3DS it's 943MB.
Ok, cool. Just wondering why it created a smaller EmuNand. Thanks for clearing it up.
 
minsize dump is a new feature of Decrypt9.
You shouldn't worry about it. 1240MB is all you need from the NAND dump. Everything else is just 00 bytes.
For old 3DS it's 943MB.

I noticed the same thing when I did A9LH'd mine. I went on after dumping so many times and never bricked.
 
I can confirm this. It's in the FAQ;

Q: What is the difference between RedNAND and EmuNAND?
A: RedNAND and EmuNAND are both different types of NAND redirection with small differences in the way they are handled behind the scenes. The main advantage to using RedNAND instead of EmuNAND is that RedNAND will always use the smallest NAND size the device offers, regardless of the size of the SysNAND chip. For example, a New 3DS user with a 1.8GB internal NAND chip will only have to use 1.2GB for all RedNAND backups.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3dsn00b

Site & Scene News