EmuNAND can't install cia FBI

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cruzinats, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Cruzinats
    OP

Cruzinats Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Netherlands
    Having used this guide

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

I'm now finally done, but when trying to boot a .cia in FBI, it says

Install failed!
    TTCDF0JAPRFCIA.cia
    source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
    Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
    Level: LEVEL_STATUS (0x19)
    Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
    Description: <unknown> (0x1)

I'm sure I'm in EmuNAND since when I go to settings it says RX-E and my boot order is also right, what could I be doing wrong.

Cheers for the helpin advance, I really want to get this working since it's half past seven already and I didn't go to sleep lol :P

2. JershXL

JershXL Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    emuNAND
    n3ds? I was getting the same errors, so I used this

3. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Are you using a downgraded system?

4. Cruzinats
    OP

Cruzinats Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Netherlands
    I'm trying this right now but my hs.app doesn't show up when I try to inject it from SysNAND, even though I followed the steps and put it in the root of the SD card. :(

5. Ripper00420

Ripper00420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    Downgraded or not, its because FBI will only install on sysnand. After installing to sysnand, create emunand with FBI installed already. This will allow emunand cia installation.

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    I had the same problem.
    I just injected FBI into emunand using Decrypt9. It's working well.

7. Cruzinats
    OP

Cruzinats Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Netherlands
    It's showing up in neither sysnand or emunand.

Am I right that I just copy the FBI.cia I downloaded and hs.app I dumped from sysnand to the input map to the inject generator, then run go.bat and copy the file with banner to the root of my SD after renaming it hs.app?

Because I've done that and when launching Decrypt9 it doesn't show in either sysnand or emunand, could I be in the wrong file directory? I obviously have my Decrypt9 in the BootMenu map.

8. Cruzinats
    OP

Cruzinats Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Netherlands
  9. Ripper00420

Nov 5, 2013
    United States
  10. Cruzinats
    OP

Cruzinats Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Netherlands
    Sorry, I didn't quite understood your suggestion. :P

Could you please eleborate, if by installing to sysnand you mean injecting the file to sysnand then I've already tried that.

11. Ripper00420

Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    Install FBI.cia to sysnand, it won't install on emunand, then create your Gateway emunand with FBI pre-installed. Making an emunand that can install cias.

12. Cruzinats
    OP

Cruzinats Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Netherlands
  13. Ripper00420

Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    If it's already installed it wont show, and you need to make your emunand then. It will show up when you boot to advanced section pasta/dev mode or when you boot your emunand for the first time.
    Hint-when booting Rxtools hold left trigger for menu, then go to advanced section to boot pasta/dev mode. FBI will install to sysnand from there, then your done. Emunand with FBI pre-installed.
    Follow this...https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
    Here for Gateway.3dsx version...https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-ultra-v3-6-1-public-beta.407186/

Last edited by Ripper00420, Jan 5, 2016
  14. shaneod

shaneod GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2011
    Thanks for this. Worked perfectly and meant I didn't have to reinstall my emunand.
    I reverted the H&S app back to the way it was after installing the BigBlueBox cia too :)

15. mooglazer

mooglazer GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Alternatively, If you have a GW card, you boot into the emunand and run TitleManager.3ds from the card itself and install FBI/CIA/whatever to emunand directly. I didn't feel like mucking with sysnand this time around and did this.

16. TheDuckMan64

TheDuckMan64 Chicken nugget.

Oct 9, 2015
    If your still having the injection issue, you need to inject from Emunand options, then Health and Safety inject. I injected it, but I still get the smae error (your error).