Hacking Emunand and Firmware v5.0+ Frame Rate Improvements

ShocWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently found out that Nintendo significantly improved the frame rate of 3DS games with the 5.0 update.
Games like Kingdom Hearts which had massive slowdown in graphically intensive areas have improved to the point where slowdowns aren't much of an issue anymore.
There is thread and comparison videos from 2013 on GBATemp proving this to be true:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/rumor-3d...-problems-load-times-in-some-software.346157/

My 3DS is currently on firmware 4.5, and I was wondering if running games in emunand with higher firmware will result in smoother gameplay.

I tried Rayman 3DS, a game know to have framerate issues before 5.0, and didn't notice any difference when I ran emunand on 7.2.

Does anyone have a retail game cartridge with significant framerate issues to test on both an updated 3DS, and a 3DS running emunand to test and share your results?
I'm interested to know if the 3DS with core firmware would outperform the 3DS running emunand because of Nintendo's performance enhancements.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
if they did improvements in one firmware version they wouldn't get removed in the next one... so it's probably something that only works in some games and not on rayman

kiozio

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm interesting the improvement framerate on Emunand, too.
I could feel the huge difference on my two 3ds between v4.4 and v7.1 with a retail cartridge of Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission(JAP)
Its gonna be super smooth and Its like differently game.

ShocWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm interesting the improvement framerate on Emunand, too.

I could feel the huge difference on my two 3ds between v4.4 and v7.1 with a retail cartridge of Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission(JAP)

Its gonna be super smooth and Its like differently game.

Have you tried playing Dragon Ball using the v4.4 3DS with emunand updated to version 7?
How does it compare to the other 3DS using real firmware?

kiozio

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried playing Dragon Ball using the v4.4 3DS with emunand updated to version 7?
How does it compare to the other 3DS using real firmware?

No, I've never tried it yet, because I broke my Gateway3DS and i only have clones . but I really would like to know and try how it working.
I have a few 3DS retail cartridges(mario kart, dragon quest7) and these are not so much the difference on my both 3DS

ShocWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need the Gateway card to boot into "Gateway mode".
You can use Gateway mode to boot into emunand and run retail cartridges.
Do you have an R4 or NDS cart to install the Gateway launcher?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need the Gateway card to boot into "Gateway mode".
You can use Gateway mode to boot into emunand and run retail cartridges.
Do you have an R4 or NDS cart to install the Gateway launcher?
You don't need one to boot into classic mode, you do need a gateway cart inserted to boot into gateway mode though.

ShocWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need one to boot into classic mode, you do need a gateway cart inserted to boot into gateway mode though.

Oh damn, you're right. I didn't notice that.
I tried the MT card launcher and it doesn't require the flash card.
So it is possible to install emunand with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm late for the bbq sauce discussion and I have opinions
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sweet Baby Rays is like baseline for a decent/good bbq sauce, but nothing outright incredible
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Stubbs is a pretty damn good sauce that I think you'll find on most grocery shelves as I don't think it's regional
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This shit though
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Best bbq sauce I've ever bought on a grocery store shelf
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat level that is a nice zing, not overwhelming, but it tingles all the way down your throat
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    50% closer to getting my teeth fixed
    +4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm at the grace gods of my insurance fucking me over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was like is this the way out, oh probably there's a giant exit sign
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all should have free health, dental, vision care, and make the college kids pay for the schooling, f that college forgiveness plan our govt doing now, its really not fair for all others in the past that had to pay for they're schooling anyways (like me, with 2 kids I paid to send to college in the past)
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    whynotboth.jpg
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, very true
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare today is unfair to those in the past that couldn't
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: ^this