EmuNAND 9.5 Stopped Working After Updating MH4U

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Fulcaire, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Fulcaire
    OP

Fulcaire GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2007
    United States
    California, USA
    Hey everyone,
    I have recently been using Gateway 3.1 since it released with the OOT exploit (using a real OOT cartridge, NOT a sky3ds) on a US N3DS XL 9.0 console and it has been working FLAWLESSLY!
    Minor bugs but nothing major... I was able to update Smash Bros when prompted for update by Nintendo and I updated no problem.
    Now MH4U... it asked me to update, I clicked update. It was progressing then all of a sudden after it finished, white screen for both screens. It completely froze.
    Turning off my console, it took me three times to get teh OOT exploit to get me to the Gateway menu... it has been working 100% til now.

I am currently trying to fix it at this moment but point of the post is, do NOT update MH4U!! It completely screwed over my emuNAND.. also if you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue please let me know!

*After formatting my N3DS microSD card and putting it back in, Gateway menu is loading more appropriately now like before. However, emuNAND Gateway mode is still blacking out when trying to load it..
    I am in the process of formatting emuNAND at this moment to see if it will fix it... *crossing fingers*

*edit*
    Formatting the N3DS microSD card and then formatting the emuNAND afterwards has restored things back to normal

*2nd Edit*
    False alarm, worked fine goin through EShop. It glitched the firs time by pressing Y to update from the home menu.

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    ok well, i should say that i updated my monster hunter 4g yesterday, and everything is fine...
    good luck with your situation though

3. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    really strange, im going to not update, just to be safe. ill see if others have this problem. updating isnt to important to me anyway, i dont want to use online or anything, and im fine with a bug or two

4. Fulcaire
    OP

Fulcaire GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2007
    United States
    California, USA

Damn really? I wonder what happened.. my emuNAND completely stopped working after trying to update MH4... hmm
    Formatting emuNAND after formatting my n3DS microSD card fixed it and I got it running again.. Thinking of giving it another try at updating when I'm not lazy.. but anyone have this problem?

5. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    yeah...you fucked up somewhere. Rebuild your emunand and start over, do not collect 200.

6. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i mean, it's not like gw has a problem specifically with the update for monster hunter, maybe it is just a bit unstable.
    it sounds like you updated the game from the home menu (by pressing Y i think), which uses a different app as opposed to download it from the actual eshop app.
    maybe (maybe) it has a little problem with updating games via the home menu, i doubt it though, i honestly think you were just unlucky :( sorry

7. Fulcaire
    OP

Fulcaire GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2007
    United States
    California, USA

My bad everyone false alarm :-P
    You were completely right, cearp. Thanks for the advice. I did update the game by pressing Y. So after seeing your post, I went to eshop and updated it. there was no issue at all. Thank you!!

cearp likes this.
  8. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Related game update question: is it possible to update US region games on a JPN console / emunand via eshop?

9. WzsEeee

WzsEeee Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2013
    Jordan
    Nope.

10. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    your question would be better reworded like this, 'is is possible to get out of region updates from eshop?' :)
    because really, it is nothing specific to usa/jpn.
    still, the answer is no :D

11. TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner I'm like you, I have no name.

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for confirming guys, that sucks :S
    Is there some sort of PC tool to grab game updates in a format that can be converted to cia?
    (like an equivalent of PS3 Game Updater for PS3)

12. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    I don't want to start a new thread and this is sort of related but if I have used a cia file to update a game and then there is another update is it okay to download it from the eshop or do I have to wait for a cia version? do I have to uninstall the previous cia update?

appreciate any help!

13. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    newer content/files will overwrite the old existing one, it should work fine no matter how you install it :)

RitchieRitchie likes this.
  14. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    thanks cearp!

cearp likes this.
  15. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I don't go map findin' behindin'
    Fwiw, FunkyCIA2 MH4U US update

Warning: Spoilers inside!

16. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    hi, what is the problem, why did you put this here?

17. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I don't go map findin' behindin'
    Just an irregularity, I suppose. None of my other updates logged this.

18. Onok

Onok Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    > : O

Last edited by Onok, Jan 15, 2016