Homebrew Emulators you use

D

Deleted User

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but, if you're using Picodrive, you can play Sega CD games using that. Just download the BIOS file for the region you want (I can't link it here for obvious reasons), and extract to /retroarch/cores/system on your SD Card. Them put any Sega CD game onto your SD Card, and load it the same way you would load a normal Genesis game.

SSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssq123.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so in another thread I saw someone said they have game gear, and Sega CD games on their 3ds, lol how

I have only the emulators that came with the starter pack plus a couple I added in. Systems I got are nes,snes, Atari lynx (system sucked will probly delete that one), GBA, GBC, and Genesis. I don't have retro arch yet, my phone died and am saving for a new one so I can put stuff on my system yet and wanna get a bigger SD card anyways
Mini VMac for 3ds and that's all I can think of right now.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did end up installing retroarch and a few cores with fbi,, but what is mini vmac?? I think I saw it on there,, I cannot put the sega cd bios or anything on my 3ds yet, I have hardly any memory on my sd card left,, (32 gb,, yes I know lmfao), and my phone took a crap and I have to get a new one,, so I cannot put files on my 3ds w/out a qr code or fbi, but in time I will

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did end up installing retroarch and a few cores with fbi,, but what is mini vmac?? I think I saw it on there,, I cannot put the sega cd bios or anything on my 3ds yet, I have hardly any memory on my sd card left,, (32 gb,, yes I know lmfao), and my phone took a crap and I have to get a new one,, so I cannot put files on my 3ds w/out a qr code or fbi, but in time I will

Mini Vmac is an old Mac OS 7 or 8 emulator, i've used it on the PC and its actually kind of fun, not so much "practical" as say an SNES emulator, but still fun

Hoellu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The emulators I like are cemu and retroarch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The con of retroarch is that you have to wait 3 hours for its installation.

D

Deleted User

The emulators I like are cemu and retroarch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The con of retroarch is that you have to wait 3 hours for its installation.
Obviously, CEMU isn't on the 3DS, but Retroarch is. You can either download Retroarch standalone or download each of the individual cores separately as a title. See here: https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.6.7/nintendo/3ds/RetroArch_cia.7z

There's also a series of VC Forwarders that utilize a modified version of Retroarch. I recommend using these, mainly due to ease of use and for the fact that putting the system in sleep mode won't screw up the sound, which is an issue in the normal Retroarch builds. See here: https://gbatemp.net/search/51902903/?q=[Release]&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[user][0]=389539

Reactions: Hoellu

Hoellu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Obviously, CEMU isn't on the 3DS, but Retroarch is. You can either download Retroarch standalone or download each of the individual cores separately as a title. See here: https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.6.7/nintendo/3ds/RetroArch_cia.7z

There's also a series of VC Forwarders that utilize a modified version of Retroarch. I recommend using these, mainly due to ease of use and for the fact that putting the system in sleep mode won't screw up the sound, which is an issue in the normal Retroarch builds. See here: https://gbatemp.net/search/51902903/?q=[Release]&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[user][0]=389539
Yeah sorry, I was talking generally ^o^" And thanks! ^^

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I use Retroarch for pretty much all my emulation needs. I don't use GBA with retroarch though, I use GBA injection for that.

Does anyone know of any sort of emulator for the 3DS which allows for local multiplayer? I think I can remember hearing about one awhile ago but I don't know if my brain is playing tricks on me or did such a thing really exist..?

D

Deleted User

I use Retroarch for pretty much all my emulation needs. I don't use GBA with retroarch though, I use GBA injection for that.

Does anyone know of any sort of emulator for the 3DS which allows for local multiplayer? I think I can remember hearing about one awhile ago but I don't know if my brain is playing tricks on me or did such a thing really exist..?
There was a fork of VirtuaNES that enabled local multiplayer.

Here's the link to the thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-virtuanes-2p-mod-play-nes-2-player-on-your-3ds.466546/

Reactions: sniper_x002

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum