Hacking Emulators, Wii with WiiKey

aligborat69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone. Was just wondering. Im using an NEC writer, Verbatim 16x DVD+R and a PAL Wii with WiiKey. My friend has the same setup, but using DVD-R discs.

I found a pre-made SNES, NES, Megadrive, Master System and Turbo-16 wii Iso which basically runs on gcos and you boot to the emulator you want to use.

It works fine on my machine, even supporting 480p mode and the games look really good, played Street Figher 2 Turbo on SNES and looked excellent, especially when compared to the virtual console Street Fighter 2 which looks pixelated in comparison.

My friend is able to play wii backups using his DVD-R, but gets Disc Read Errors when trying the above emulator disc, and another emulator disc just with SNES on it. Both work fine on mine with DVD+R.

Now, is this most likely a -R problem, even thought the wii ISOs work? or is it a wiikey problem?

He lives quite far from me, so i havent been able to try my +R on his Wii Console yet, but i suggested he get some +R discs to do some tests.

If anyone else has any info, please post here. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...