Emulation Emulators running on Nintendo Switch..

nomnaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI mate.
I am approximately the same as you.

I play a lot of Game Boy, GBA, SNES, NES, PS1 and N64 games.

Here are my observations;

For GB, GBC, GBA and SNES, just go RetroArch. RetroArch for Switch is the best for those systems.

According to PS1 and N64: Forget RetroArch and I would even say, forget the Switch. Go Android.

I have 2 SD Cards. One for my cracked Switch with RetroArch, and one dedicated to Android.
I installed Android on my Switch and put PS1 and N64 emulators on it. And it is PERFECT.

I tried to play PS1 through RetroArch or dedicated ps1 emulator for switch: It was catastrophic. Same for N64.

BUT

I installed PS1 Emulator for Android (Duckstation) on my Android for Switch, and it works perfectly.
I repeat it. Perfectly.

Same for N64, even though it's a bit laggy sometimes.

Forget N64 and PS1 directly on Switch.
Is the idea for loading android on a switch the same as it is for retroarch? Booting a cfw so you can load whatever you want? (Still brand new)

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's some hype lately around pEMU, how does it fare on the Switch in comparison say to RetroArch?
It looks to have a nice UI but I wonder about accuracy and performance..

Andorin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
PS1 games are working perfectly fine. I've played over 40 PS1 games so far, and all are working fine with the PCSX ReArmed core.
Hi mate,
How did you do ?
I mean, try to play a 3D game like Alundra 2 or Hogs of War or Soul Reaver and it’s slow, very slow…
What are your settings ?
Thank you so much.

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I changed a few things, I don't remember them all, but one of them was "CPU Overclock" - I changed that into the "Boost Permformance" mode.
But I can upload my retroarch config file for you. Just change it with yours

Attachments

• retroarch.rar
    11.9 KB · Views: 53

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi mate,
How did you do ?
I mean, try to play a 3D game like Alundra 2 or Hogs of War or Soul Reaver and it’s slow, very slow…
What are your settings ?
Thank you so much.
PCSX ReArmed shouldn't be slow (outside of it having horribly slow loading speeds) in any game due to its horrendous accuracy and very low 240P resolution

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grew up with the psx so i don't really need upscalling, blocky polygons is part of the charm
with a low resolution the issue isn't it being blocky the issue is it being pixelated. I grew up with ps1 as well it doesn't mean I want to relive the pixelated hell when technology has advanced allowing the visuals to look more appealing. I guess some people like looking at a characters face and not being able to tell what exactly it looks like though

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
with a low resolution the issue isn't it being blocky the issue is it being pixelated. I grew up with ps1 as well it doesn't mean I want to relive the pixelated hell when technology has advanced allowing the visuals to look more appealing. I guess some people like looking at a characters face and not being able to tell what exactly it looks like though
w/e floats your boat

stompysan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW, running Android on the Switch gives you a lot of other fun options for emulation, but personally I would just jump straight into the deep end. Install Ubuntu and grab RetroPie. Give you a full EmulationStation frontend for a nice overall look, performance is on-par with Android or Lakka, and you have a lot more flexibility on other software you can install. Literally a full-blown Linux OS. Lots of fun.

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FWIW, running Android on the Switch gives you a lot of other fun options for emulation, but personally I would just jump straight into the deep end. Install Ubuntu and grab RetroPie. Give you a full EmulationStation frontend for a nice overall look, performance is on-par with Android or Lakka, and you have a lot more flexibility on other software you can install. Literally a full-blown Linux OS. Lots of fun.

Gonna give Ubuntu / RetroPie a try; Hows the emulation for these: Dreamcast, PSX, N64

Planning on doing a triple boot (Horizon/Android/Ubuntu) so wanted to decided on how to split the partition size on a 512GB

stompysan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna give Ubuntu / RetroPie a try; Hows the emulation for these: Dreamcast, PSX, N64

Planning on doing a triple boot (Horizon/Android/Ubuntu) so wanted to decided on how to split the partition size on a 512GB

About on-par with Lakka, but slightly lacking compared to Android. Duckstation and Redream run quite well on Android. I didn't have any issues with the games I played, but I know more demanding titles can prove slightly problematic. Overall, I focused entirely on Ubuntu for my emulation goals and it was fine for my use.

Nada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Are you all overclocking when using lakka swanstation? Just gave it a first try after changing to vulkan render but audio is still crackling.

Edit: Talking about handheld mode.

Last edited by Nada,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you all overclocking when using lakka swanstation? Just gave it a first try after changing to vulkan render but audio is still crackling.

Edit: Talking about handheld mode.
at native 720P yes other people are just happy with 540P or lower

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit