Hacking Emulators cannot detect WD MyPassport 500GB USB Harddisk

megaMANX6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Emulators such as Snes9x cannot detect my WD MyPassport USB Harddisk. My USB Loader GX can detect the WFBS partition and the games in it GeeXbox also can play video from the harddisk. The rest of the space (FAT32) left could not be detected by Wii. Im using cIOS Rev 10. What should i do to allow Wii and the emulators to detect the partition and play roms from the harddisk directly?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem but nobody could help me. It was sad, because I consider myself competent with softmodding the Wii, and although Geexbox worked, homebrew didn't. Fortunately I solved it a couple weeks ago, and I hope this info helps.

Use the AnyTitleDeleter Mod 4 to see if you already have ios202 installed. If you do, go ahead and delete 202, but don't touch anything else or you could mess things up. Then download and run Herme's CIOS installer. Choose to install ios202, and use the default setting of 36.

Then just make sure your folders on the FAT 32 Partition are named correctly (example: snes9x/roms). In the emulator, when you select USB from the load option, it should now recognize your USB device. I hope it works for you.

Jimbo100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dsfanatic5 said:
I had this problem but nobody could help me. It was sad, because I consider myself competent with softmodding the Wii, and although Geexbox worked, homebrew didn't. Fortunately I solved it a couple weeks ago, and I hope this info helps.

Use the AnyTitleDeleter Mod 4 to see if you already have ios202 installed. If you do, go ahead and delete 202, but don't touch anything else or you could mess things up. Then download and run Herme's CIOS installer. Choose to install ios202, and use the default setting of 36.

Then just make sure your folders on the FAT 32 Partition are named correctly (example: snes9x/roms). In the emulator, when you select USB from the load option, it should now recognize your USB device. I hope it works for you.

Tried that and installed the 202 but my hard drive is still not seen in Homebrew emulator programs. Any other clues?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1