Emulators cannot detect WD MyPassport 500GB USB Harddisk

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by megaMANX6, Jun 30, 2009.

1. megaMANX6
    OP

Newcomer megaMANX6 Newbie

Singapore
    Emulators such as Snes9x cannot detect my WD MyPassport USB Harddisk. My USB Loader GX can detect the WFBS partition and the games in it GeeXbox also can play video from the harddisk. The rest of the space (FAT32) left could not be detected by Wii. Im using cIOS Rev 10. What should i do to allow Wii and the emulators to detect the partition and play roms from the harddisk directly?

2. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I had this problem but nobody could help me. It was sad, because I consider myself competent with softmodding the Wii, and although Geexbox worked, homebrew didn't. Fortunately I solved it a couple weeks ago, and I hope this info helps.

Use the AnyTitleDeleter Mod 4 to see if you already have ios202 installed. If you do, go ahead and delete 202, but don't touch anything else or you could mess things up. Then download and run Herme's CIOS installer. Choose to install ios202, and use the default setting of 36.

Then just make sure your folders on the FAT 32 Partition are named correctly (example: snes9x/roms). In the emulator, when you select USB from the load option, it should now recognize your USB device. I hope it works for you.

3. Jimbo100

Newcomer Jimbo100 Member

Australia
    Tried that and installed the 202 but my hard drive is still not seen in Homebrew emulator programs. Any other clues?

4. megaMANX6
    OP

Newcomer megaMANX6 Newbie

Singapore
    Any other ways??

Anyway My Wii is 4.0U