Homebrew Emulator off hard-drive using Sneek

Griffin224

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some special way to set up the emulators on a HD running UNEEK+DI so they can be read from there and not the SD card?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No. Sorry. Or perhaps I should say: not yet (linky).

I'm not too familiar with sneek/uneek, but afaik it considers the whole partition (or even the whole disk?) that contains the emu nand as 'the nand', so the hard drive isn't recognized as a hard drive.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have my doubt.

As Uneek is using the harddisk for the emulated nand, it initialises the usb port and the drive. Most homebrew programs do the exactly same thing.
As the drive is already enumerated and initialised, the second initialisation will fail and the homebrew will report an unresponsive drive.

It's for that reason that I created the uneek_usb_fs module. It uses the uneek routines to access the harddisk. As the uneek disk access is ehci, it should
run at an acceptable speed.

I am currently expanding the code a bit so that it also can be used to give sneek sd access. The only exception left will be sneek + di. The routines will allow sd access to sneek, but the harddisk will be unaccessible as di will enumerate and initialise it as source for it's emulated dvd drive. I assume it's no big deal. Why would you store the emulated nand on an sd card, if you have a working harddisk for it that should have more space and a faster access time.

What emulators are you looking for? I have adapted scummvm, fce_ultra, snesgx and savegame_gx. I am just waiting to release them after I put the new expanded code in. I don't want the modified sources to arrive much later than the dol's, as I know it's a sensitive item for some people.

I forgot to mention that I also have a modified nforwarder58 dol that can launch homebrew from the harddisk. If you replace the dol of an existing channel forwarder with this one, it can launch the homebrew in uneek-di from the harddisk as well. The alternatives: The homebrew channel and The homebrew filter are both closed source, so I can't implement the usb routines in it. Wiixplorer seems to run fine in uneek and might be a candidate to implement usb support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1