f1337wood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys

I got an itching to play Xenoblade again, but since I have a computer capable of emulating it now with HD textures, I'm doing that instead of playing it on my Wii. I'm playing it with an XBox360 controller. Everything is working perfectly fine except for one detail:

My left and right analog triggers don't work.

Dolphin recognizes the inputs, though. It knows that the triggers are being pressed but they don't do anything inside of the game, which is sort of weird. So I tried modifying the threshold (shown in the top configuration of the attached picture) to see if it would fix anything.

The only value that affects anything is 100 which makes the left/right bumpers function as the triggers themselves. (It doesn't make the triggers then function as the bumpers, though.)

Another thing I tried doing was switching the inputs seen in the second configuration of the attached image. This makes every button work... except right bumper is now right trigger, right trigger is now right bumper, with the same thing going on with the left side. So this is closer to what I want (all of the buttons doing SOMETHING), but they are opposite of what the button images say in the game.

I'm not sure how to get these inputs to work properly, as they should work this way, I would think. Does anyone have any ideas?

My last resort would be to just switch the button images around in the texture files. I don't really want to have to do that, I'd like for the hardware to work properly. So if anyone could lead me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
configs.jpg

f1337wood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh. I'm gonna kick myself. I figured it out and it makes me feel like an idiot but maybe I should just leave it sitting around for a while just in case anyone else ever encounters the same problem.

Forgot that ZL/ZR are the buttons in back and L/R are the buttons in the front. Didn't even see the inputs for ZL/ZR until I started configuring a controller from scratch and realized the problem was staring me in the face the whole time.

config3.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work