Hacking Emulate the balance board

qbert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it possible to emulate the balance board only to enter the games that need it?

I think about Wii Music Drum, in particular!

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So are you asking if there is a way to make the game think a balance board is connected despite it not being there. I think it may be possible but wouldn't it defeat the purpose as you would not be able to control.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Basically you downloaded a game that requires the Balance Board and want toplay it without having to buy that device, am I right lol ?

not possible unless you patch the game to use another type of controller, very hard task to do if you want my opinion, depnds on how the game was programmed and certainly is a lot harder that finding a bunch of cheat codes

sorry, sometimes you got to spend a few bucks you know

qbert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, you got the point (a way to make the game think a balance board is connected despite it not being there), but not the reason. If is it possible, I would like to build a drum foot pedal better than balance board, but I wonder I make it working.

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
Basically you downloaded a game that requires the Balance Board and want toplay it without having to buy that device, am I right lol ?

not possible unless you patch the game to use another type of controller, very hard task to do if you want my opinion, depnds on how the game was programmed and certainly is a lot harder that finding a bunch of cheat codes

sorry, sometimes you got to spend a few bucks you know
You do know that the balance board is not bundled with Wii Music, right?
Wii Music has features requiring the balance board, but you have to buy Wii Fit to get it.

Did you stop to consider that he might have purchased the game before calling him a pirate?

QUOTE(qbert @ Apr 21 2009, 10:55 AM) Ok, you got the point (a way to make the game think a balance board is connected despite it not being there), but not the reason. If is it possible, I would like to build a drum foot pedal better than balance board, but I wonder I make it working.
How about building something you just plug on top of the balance board?
Soft plates that can be pressed down on the board as you press down on the foot pedal, maybe?

Shouldn't be too hard to make

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
lol, pirate is not an insult in y mouth :-)
I only made an hypothesis made on the expereince I have reading this forum lol
if I was wrong, I apologize to him then

QUOTE said:
Ok, you got the point (a way to make the game think a balance board is connected despite it not being there), but not the reason. If is it possible, I would like to build a drum foot pedal better than balance board, but I wonder I make it working.

well, this is hardware modification, not software or emulation
you would have to make your custom pedal use the same communication protocol as the wii balance board.. the game should still think a balance board is connected

qbert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I read about Wiimote working on PC (there is a PC drum software working with Wii wimotes!). It looks quite easy, since the protocol is nothing more then bluetooth one.

I just wonder about something similar...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks