Hacking Emulate the balance board

  • Thread starter Thread starter qbert
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,903
  • Replies Replies 7

qbert

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
56
Country
Italy
Is it possible to emulate the balance board only to enter the games that need it?

I think about Wii Music Drum, in particular!

 
So are you asking if there is a way to make the game think a balance board is connected despite it not being there. I think it may be possible but wouldn't it defeat the purpose as you would not be able to control.
 
Basically you downloaded a game that requires the Balance Board and want toplay it without having to buy that device, am I right lol ?

not possible unless you patch the game to use another type of controller, very hard task to do if you want my opinion, depnds on how the game was programmed and certainly is a lot harder that finding a bunch of cheat codes

sorry, sometimes you got to spend a few bucks you know
 
Ok, you got the point (a way to make the game think a balance board is connected despite it not being there), but not the reason. If is it possible, I would like to build a drum foot pedal better than balance board, but I wonder I make it working.
 
Jacobeian said:
Basically you downloaded a game that requires the Balance Board and want toplay it without having to buy that device, am I right lol ?

not possible unless you patch the game to use another type of controller, very hard task to do if you want my opinion, depnds on how the game was programmed and certainly is a lot harder that finding a bunch of cheat codes

sorry, sometimes you got to spend a few bucks you know
You do know that the balance board is not bundled with Wii Music, right?
Wii Music has features requiring the balance board, but you have to buy Wii Fit to get it.

Did you stop to consider that he might have purchased the game before calling him a pirate?

QUOTE(qbert @ Apr 21 2009, 10:55 AM) Ok, you got the point (a way to make the game think a balance board is connected despite it not being there), but not the reason. If is it possible, I would like to build a drum foot pedal better than balance board, but I wonder I make it working.
How about building something you just plug on top of the balance board?
Soft plates that can be pressed down on the board as you press down on the foot pedal, maybe?

Shouldn't be too hard to make
 
lol, pirate is not an insult in y mouth :-)
I only made an hypothesis made on the expereince I have reading this forum lol
if I was wrong, I apologize to him then

QUOTE said:
Ok, you got the point (a way to make the game think a balance board is connected despite it not being there), but not the reason. If is it possible, I would like to build a drum foot pedal better than balance board, but I wonder I make it working.

well, this is hardware modification, not software or emulation
you would have to make your custom pedal use the same communication protocol as the wii balance board.. the game should still think a balance board is connected
 
I read about Wiimote working on PC (there is a PC drum software working with Wii wimotes!). It looks quite easy, since the protocol is nothing more then bluetooth one.

I just wonder about something similar...
 

Site & Scene News