Hacking eMMC error - dead internal memory

DestinySky

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It's alive.

I can barely believe it, but it was indeed the emmc after all.

Now to restore the backup!

I have thank all of you in a heartfelt, special way, for all the time and suggestions throughout the whole ordeal. And I will do so, by making a video explaining the case (which might be a first in the country where I live, since there are zero records everywhere) to have a register of the problem for future troubles other people may have, and naming each one of you who participated by giving me hints and insights.

I will update this topic with the video.
Any updates on the video?
I really wish to know how you did it with a different emmc module board.

My situation is since I do not have the skill to reflow and replace the nand chip, I bought the complete module (the nand + the small board)
The board have different ID from the original board, thus restoring nand backup from the original nand do not work because the encryption is different..

Reactions: Danook28

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Danook28

Boydy86

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
This video is a concise walkthrough for replacing the eMMC. Maybe it can be of some use.

Brilliant! I never realised there was a video out there. I done this mod using a written guide. The only piece of information omitted in that written guide, was that Hekate will create a folder to store backups that has a name linked to eMMC chip. I got same error as DestinySky because I was trying to restore Boot0/1 and raw NAND from incorrect location on SD. I got around this by creating a random dump through Hekate with new blank 256gb eMMC fitted, (I think a fuse dump.), this created a brand new folder of which contained the correct Recovery folder that I should place NAND backups.

Reactions: Danook28 and Aoxer

Chombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can you guys help me, i thought i was having the same problem but it seems hekate can see mj emmc when i check it just like the sd option. Im trying to use memloader to write to it bit it just doest show up on my laptop. I thought it was a windows 10 issue but i changed yo 7 and it still doesnt show up. I tried different ports, cables and ini files bit nothing shows. Please help

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
It's alive.

I can barely believe it, but it was indeed the emmc after all.

Now to restore the backup!

I have thank all of you in a heartfelt, special way, for all the time and suggestions throughout the whole ordeal. And I will do so, by making a video explaining the case (which might be a first in the country where I live, since there are zero records everywhere) to have a register of the problem for future troubles other people may have, and naming each one of you who participated by giving me hints and insights.

I will update this topic with the video.
From where you buy the nand chip have link??? Is it worked switch fix???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome