NULL

eMMC error - dead internal memory

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by chankarik, Mar 14, 2019.

1. DestinySky

DestinySky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2015
    Malaysia
    Any updates on the video?
    I really wish to know how you did it with a different emmc module board.

My situation is since I do not have the skill to reflow and replace the nand chip, I bought the complete module (the nand + the small board)
    The board have different ID from the original board, thus restoring nand backup from the original nand do not work because the encryption is different..

2. DestinySky

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2015
    Malaysia
    My steps are exactly like the video above except the nandpart, because I cannot even reach there.
    I got the error below after restoring nand backup:
    20190605_161059.
    Failed to decrypt Package2 header (master key revision 4)

3. LapCheong

LapCheong GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    Not sure if this can help, have you used the custom hekate to restore? http://pascoe.pw/2018/09/no-backup-sizecheck-hekate.bin

4. DestinySky

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2015
    Malaysia
    Yes I used that to restore, the normal hekate wont allow to restore.
    I also tried balenaEtcher to write to the nand after mounted with memloader, to no avail - same error from Atmosphere.

5. Boydy86

Boydy86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Did you fix this? Where is the OP's video?

6. Aoxer

Aoxer Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi,
    This video is a concise walkthrough for replacing the eMMC. Maybe it can be of some use.

Boydy86 likes this.
  7. Boydy86

Boydy86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Brilliant! I never realised there was a video out there. I done this mod using a written guide. The only piece of information omitted in that written guide, was that Hekate will create a folder to store backups that has a name linked to eMMC chip. I got same error as DestinySky because I was trying to restore Boot0/1 and raw NAND from incorrect location on SD. I got around this by creating a random dump through Hekate with new blank 256gb eMMC fitted, (I think a fuse dump.), this created a brand new folder of which contained the correct Recovery folder that I should place NAND backups.

Aoxer likes this.