Gaming Elite beat agents.

PURPLEMUSTANG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
At first I din't have a clue on what the game was like.But after the first minute I was hooked.The game is so well made it's scary.Now I have an urge to put the ds on the floor and dance on the touch screen to the beat
wacko.gif

I can safetly say that it will stay on my scl with tetris ds forver.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
It is a great game indeed.
Does anyone know if this game (or Ouendan) has a difficulty setting above 4 starts (the cheerleaders)?
I've heard something about a level of difficulty called Insane, but I think that's just the Cheerleader difficulty...

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is a great game indeed.
Does anyone know if this game (or Ouendan) has a difficulty setting above 4 starts (the cheerleaders)?
I've heard something about a level of difficulty called Insane, but I think that's just the Cheerleader difficulty...

On Ouendan, the hardest (insane) mode is the cheerleaders. And there's definitely nothing after that because after you finish, there is no to be continued, it's called the end.

Siouxsie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I must say, Elite Beat Agents is so incredibly silly, it almost can't be true.
How can they so totally molest a great game like Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan? (I haven't played for long, but I'm at Ready Steady Go 3, never did 1 though, went straight for 2)

The voices, the people, the missions.. Avril Lavigne? Couldn't they keep all the stuff and just translate it..
hate2.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think introducing jpop to the mass American public would of only attracted a cult following here in the US....they made a good marketing move incorporating the songs from US culture....and after awhile....it does grow on you a bit in my opinion. I enjoy EBA although I don't know half the songs and I think it maintained the same silly/funny antics from Ouendan as much as it possibly could being a game for the US. However I do not disagree Ouendan is better than this. After ready steady go in cheerleader, so far this game is cake and I'm almost @ the end of "sweatin" mode. Can't wait for these supposed Elite Beat Divas.

A_Pinkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I must say, Elite Beat Agents is so incredibly silly, it almost can't be true.
How can they so totally molest a great game like Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan? (I haven't played for long, but I'm at Ready Steady Go 3, never did 1 though, went straight for 2)

The voices, the people, the missions.. Avril Lavigne? Couldn't they keep all the stuff and just translate it.. 
hate2.gif

Why would you rather have a re-hashed game over original content? It's not like you really need anything translated in the original anyway.

I don't see it as molesting the original.. The original still exists, and you can get yourself one today. (I just ordered a copy for myself off ebay). The fact is, it's too japanese to sell in US.. and the game aparently didn't do amazing in Japan.. so we get an american version.

I liked the music of Ouendan.. not because I like J-Pop.. but I liked the fact that there were catchy songs that I haven't heard over and over. It was almost like they were original songs made for the game, as far as I'm concerned.

That said.. I think the music picked for EBA is a nice equivalent to Ouendan. I'm sure in Japan, people can't stand some of the people who have songs in Ouendan. I don't like Avril Lavigne or Ashlee Simpson.. but I think both songs fit the game, and work just fine.

My only complaint is, yelling "Ouendan!" seems to work better than "Heealp!"

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The Cons :

- I'm sad about the coop mode, as it kinda sucks. Touch the screen. Now it's your friend's turn. Whee. Look at him touch or fail. THE EXACT SAME PATTERN YOU JUST DID. Your turn, now. Repeat until end of song.

- If you want to introduce the game to a cartless friend, hope you played through the mind-numbingly boring easy mode first, or else you'll have only the first song unlocked, and the rest of your songs unlocked in normal mode. Don't worry, the game is pretty easy. Casual gamers would have a hard time starting with the third or fourth-level songs. On normal. If they're paraplegic.

- The voice acting doesn't manage to sound tongue-in-cheek or funny yet sounds tacky and overdone. The colonel or general dude in the game is just plain corny. If you never played Ouendan, you won't think of it. But I really fucking miss hearing "O... Oo... ÔENDAAAAAN!", or "Ôen! DAI-SEN-KO!".

- They could have used the original songs whenever they used reprises.

Those are pretty much the only things that tarnish a pretty perfect rythm game overall. A good two-thirds of the music will please everyone, as the tracklist is pretty balanced. Unless if you actually thought they'd release it with jpop and jrock.

I'd say it's worth paying for, but I'm not importing it, as I'd really like the *local* numbers increase for that kind of game. (ie Trauma Center, Phoenix Wright, and other cool quirky/weeaboo games which I buy on principle)

Heard that, you lazy bastiches at Nintendo Europe?

Houou

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, go play a real music game. This game is nothing but a gimmick for the masses. I don't see what the fuss is about.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I like it, especially the Y.M.C.A. stage. However, I'm stuck at the Ninja stage (Canned Heat) and I'm so frustrated. The patterns aren't even in any rhytm, the music is lame and the story is boring. And I can't beat it, because I can't concentrate on the rhytm. :/

Moneo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canned Heat doth sucketh. And it is bloody hard. Whoever put it in the game deserves to be repeatedly stabbed in the face by a ds stylus 8)

A couple of tips to help you beat it:

1. Before you get familiar with the song, look closely at the shrinking circles and try to figure out what goes where.

2. Some of the beats are synced to the words, and some to the accompanying music, and they switch constantly.

3. The distance between the circles on the screen corresponds roughly to the time between the beats.

imLOST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like it, especially the Y.M.C.A. stage. However, I'm stuck at the Ninja stage (Canned Heat) and I'm so frustrated. The patterns aren't even in any rhytm, the music is lame and the story is boring. And I can't beat it, because I can't concentrate on the rhytm. :/

I was stuck on that yesterday aswell.

I got so annoyed aswell cuz the music is not in time with the thinks you have to poke..

I got passed it by puting on head phones with the volume really loud and I got it.I just kept on trying and trying though.

uchiha_itachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to admit, I'm very dissapointed with EBA. And the main let down? not the story lines, not the songs they chose, but the poor poor rhythm synch. In Ouendan you could play the game, and actually get by because hitting the circles was actually based on the beats and rhythm of the track being played. In EBA, there are some levels where there is no sync whatsoever with the track being played. Its just all over the place, very frustrating.

Moneo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In EBA, there are some levels where there is no sync whatsoever with the track being played. Its just all over the place, very frustrating.
Uhm, not really true.

They might be synced to the back vocals or to the instruments.

The only exception I can think of is the end of the second section of jumping jack flash on hard and very hard, but the rhythm there is really simple.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Why is it that every time a rythm game is released, people who suck at them feel they need to comlpain about how the game sucks, instead of listening with a little attention and trying to find what you, the gamer, need to be in synch with?

THE DIFFICULTY IS PART OF THE GAME, FOLKS!
smile.gif

PS : although canned heat was a bitch to crack.

xyjz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slightly off topic here...
Does anybody know the list of rankings in EBA?
It says I can still advance a rank so I'm working on my score now. I already got perfect combo on every song in very hard and now I'm working on hard. I wonder if there's another rank after the next...

cabby3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Game was too easy..
There were some really intense songs but, I beat it after a few tries..

Playing Ossu Tatakae Ouendan on the last stage and I just can't beat it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8