Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
this Forwarder is interesting for me too , because i'm looking to do a better forwarder than the one i made for Wiiflow.
I like it too without progress bar.

But did you notice this sentence in the .conf file ?

# ElfForwarder configuration file
# This file needs to be in the elf_dol_forwarder FOLDER in the root of your SD card!

I'haven't had time to test for the moment , but it might be from where is your problem
wink.gif

EDIT : i've just tested.
when .conf is in the folder , doesn't work (conf file not found).
when .conf is on SD root : works like a charm for me.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes there one forwarder who need the config file, but if you see "elf_dol_forwarder_specifics_source" the one I want to use doesn´t need the config file.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
sorry , didn't notice this
wink.gif

but : why not using the one with .conf file ?
it's easy , just one file to add to your sd , and works like a charm , quickly and with black screen with no features as you want
wink.gif

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Joshwraith said:
Hello some find the solution to the black screen (code dump) from the "elf_dol_forwarder_specifics_source" file that is placed on the first post..?

I already try the solution show it a few pages before...

QUOTE said:
in the makefile for the project change.

From
LDFLAGS = -g $(MACHDEP) -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $@).map
To
LDFLAGS = -g $(MACHDEP) -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $@).map,--section-start,.init=0x80d00100

0x800d00100 is a memory address to run the forwarder from. I think this will fix it. I am not 100% sure though

I like this dol cause doesn´t have the loading bar when is booting.

what file are you trying to boot to?

ALso you have to remember it's case sensitive. So if you set the path as SD:/apps/APP then you must have the folder named accordingly. I recomend everything be lower case, makes it easier.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am trying to boot wiiflow dol, already try the case sensitive and same result.. in fact I tried a lot of stuff with the same result.

Benjay please share your forwared + your config file I tried that forwarder but theres a message saying that the dol or elf can not be found on the path specified on the config file... but the path is ok and the dol in place.. so I don´t know whats going on there.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
have a look to the wiiflow thread , i've posted it earlier.
Still need some enhancements but working flawlessly.

Perhaps do you have a case sensitive sd card , like these people who can't get the themes to work......

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Joshwraith said:
I am trying to boot wiiflow dol, already try the case sensitive and same result.. in fact I tried a lot of stuff with the same result.

Benjay please share your forwared + your config file I tried that forwarder but theres a message saying that the dol or elf can not be found on the path specified on the config file... but the path is ok and the dol in place.. so I don´t know whats going on there.

if you send me the path to you dol i can make you a forwarder with no progress information, just a blank screen, or if you prefer a splash screen (like a PNG) that comes up while it loads.

Let me know if that would help.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
or if you prefer a splash screen (like a PNG) that comes up while it loads.

that would be a good idea, everyone's asking for these, and a changeable png with a image like forwarder Elf/Dol, with a loading car etc post source if need be, will help all these people asking.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
JQE said:
if you send me the path to you dol i can make you a forwarder with no progress information, just a blank screen, or if you prefer a splash screen (like a PNG) that comes up while it loads.

Oh thanks...
rolleyes.gif
well the path is for Wiiflow.. SD:/apps/wiiflow/
The splash screen will be nice too.. but is ok only the black screen cause the wiiflow haves a "please wait" entry text so I think the splash will be not necessary for this loader! by the way you have the source !?

Thank you I appreciated that.

To Benjay:
Ah.. Benjay using your method. (elf_dol_forwarder original dol) you can have only one channel with this dol cause use the original config file.. so if you make another channel you will need a diferent name for config file but there is where I fail.. editing the original name for config on the source file, cause after compiling and booting the New dol he doesn´t find the boot.dol in the path specified on the new config file.

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright here is the first one tried tested and true.

It launches from sd:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol

if there is a splash.png in sd:/apps/wiiflow it will display it while loading otherwise it will be a black screen. It uses the cache buffer for fast loading. Source included.

Tomorrow i will release one that uses a config file.

WiiFlow Forwarder with splash screen.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you so much JQE..

Edited:

I tried the forwarder and works like a charm... I tried 10 time in a row and works every single time.. Thank you.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Joshwraith said:
Thank you so much JQE..

Edited:

I tried the forwarder and works like a charm... I tried 10 time in a row and works every single time.. Thank you.

How fast is the forwarder ?

Posts merged

QUOTE(JQE @ Jun 23 2009, 08:51 AM) Tomorrow i will release one that uses a config file.

You mean a custom path right ?

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TeenTin said:
JQE said:

Tonight i will release one that will read a file from sd:/config/forward.conf that will tell it where to load the dol from. This way it can be used for anything.

Also custom forward you can change it in main.dol

the location to change it is
CODE
#define folder "sd:/apps/wiiflow"

just change the path to whatever you want and compile.

Here is another version i added a loading bar at the top. The image is still usable but optional. I used an image about 684 x 384 looks pretty slick.

Forward with Loading Bar

So again, tonight will be config file... and i am thinking of creating a graphical loading bar.. but not sure it's worth it.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
JQE said:
Tonight i will release one that will read a file from sd:/config/forward.conf that will tell it where to load the dol from. This way it can be used for anything.

I suggest replacing the folder name "config" with others, as it is frequently used by other applications.

danny-ml

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
JQE said:
TeenTin said:
JQE said:

Also custom forward you can change it in main.dol

the location to change it is
CODE
#define folder "sd:/apps/wiiflow"

just change the path to whatever you want and compile.

Here is another version i added a loading bar at the top. The image is still usable but optional. I used an image about 684 x 384 looks pretty slick.

Forward with Loading Bar

So again, tonight will be config file... and i am thinking of creating a graphical loading bar.. but not sure it's worth it.

Thankyou very much for the source! I'm happy!!!
smileipb2.png

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I can compile it myself, but why not use harcoded paths like this?

sd:/data/myappfiles/whathever.png/txt/jpg

That would keep the root dir cleaner, I think we all have lots of files there already.
BTW this idea comes from nds and supersonic wii makes uses this folder.

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
suloku said:
I can compile it myself, but why not use harcoded paths like this?

sd:/data/myappfiles/whathever.png/txt/jpg

That would keep the root dir cleaner, I think we all have lots of files there already.
BTW this idea comes from nds and supersonic wii makes uses this folder.

I don't put anything in the root... it's in the application folder...
For example sd:/apps/wiiflow/splash.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."