Hacking Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution [Translation Port]

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
really excited for this.. imported all kiseki evo games (mainly to own them physically) but a patched version of them would be that awesome <3 maybe we´ll see sc and 3rd evo patched someday too ^^

this year seems to become a great year for falcom games ^^

Burai-ha

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Getting close to the end. If there are no show-stopping bugs, maybe this will be finished before Trails in the Sky the 3rd drops in May. We'll see (no promises).

Maybe you could open up your own topic when you release the patch, instead of going on with this one.
Just a heads-up.

Versa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the hard work! Looking forward to the release, I want to start playing this series before Trails of Cold Steel. :)

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it.

I spent the past two days doing nothing but graphics editing, and I believe I'm 100% done with all graphics now. It was pretty grueling and I don't want to look at Photoshop for a while now. :P

Work that remains --
  1. Patch eboot.bin with about 500 strings -- Initial TL is done, need to test every single one as they appear in game.
  2. 200 lines in scenario files that were newly added for Evo --Initial TL is done, awaiting editing from Snigs.
  3. Bug fixes.
Getting close to the end. If there are no show-stopping bugs, maybe this will be finished before Trails in the Sky the 3rd drops in May. We'll see (no promises).
This is an amazing project! When you complete it, would you mind making a separate thread for it, as I'd like to front page the project on GBAtemp when it's done!

artema91

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, congrats for this amazing project, I hope this translation is release soon! I would like to talk about this project because I'm very interesting to bring it in spanish. Who I have to talk with?

Best, artema91

blackger

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, congrats for this amazing project, I hope this translation is release soon! I would like to talk about this project because I'm very interesting to bring it in spanish. Who I have to talk with?

Best, artema91

I don't know quite much on programming, but if you want i could help you with the dialogues.

ExRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I really really appreciated for this translation project.
I've been waiting that someone will translating this, since XSEDD won't ever bring this.
And it makes me interested to bring this translation to Indonesian too. But I don't know much about programming.
Maybe anyone can teach me how to unpack/repack this?

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks and keep up !

will you do the 2nd too after that ?

really excited for this.. imported all kiseki evo games (mainly to own them physically) but a patched version of them would be that awesome <3 maybe we´ll see sc and 3rd evo patched someday too ^^

this year seems to become a great year for falcom games ^^

Yes, I'm planning on SC and 3rd as well. Hopefully once FC Evo is released I can find more help to work on SC and 3rd. I did about 95% of the work on this one and it was pretty draining.

Great work, if you need any testers, just DM me. thanks.

Thanks for offering. We're about to begin testing; will let you know if we need you.

Thanks for all the hard work! Looking forward to the release, I want to start playing this series before Trails of Cold Steel. :)

Awesome. This game is a great way to start the series. :)

Maybe you could open up your own topic when you release the patch, instead of going on with this one.
Just a heads-up.

This is an amazing project! When you complete it, would you mind making a separate thread for it, as I'd like to front page the project on GBAtemp when it's done!

Thanks! I'll be sure to start a new thread once the release is ready to go.

Best, artema91

I really really appreciated for this translation project.
I've been waiting that someone will translating this, since XSEDD won't ever bring this.
And it makes me interested to bring this translation to Indonesian too. But I don't know much about programming.
Maybe anyone can teach me how to unpack/repack this?

It would be difficult without additional hacking. These games use Shift-JIS encoding, which supports Japanese characters, and basic A-Z letters. So you would need extra work to get special characters for Spanish or Indonesian. This post gives some ideas for how it can be done, but it's beyond my expertise, sorry.

Happy Easter to the database!

Thanks. :)

We're still on track to release by the end of the month. We just have testing left.

Last edited by the database,

Snigs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of testing! Since the database did the majority of the work getting all of this together I offered to head up testing for him. If you'd like to help us test please send an email to snkfcevo (dot) eng (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll get back to as soon as I can. Please mention if you have any programming experience (i.e. if you know how to run a python script/can use bash, not required just helps!) and how available you'll be over the next couple of weeks since we would like to get through testing by the end of the month.

Thanks! :)

Last edited by Snigs,

artema91

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks the database!, can I add you to Skype (or something similar) to discuss about this in private? I would like to asked you some recommendations or tools to bring it in spanish.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic work. Trails in the Sky (actually most Eiyuu Densetsu games in general) usually are traditional jrpg's at its finest and will always be remembered fondly (least by me).

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks the database!, can I add you to Skype (or something similar) to discuss about this in private? I would like to asked you some recommendations or tools to bring it in spanish.

You can find me on the Falcom Discord under the same username as here.

Fantastic work. Trails in the Sky (actually most Eiyuu Densetsu games in general) usually are traditional jrpg's at its finest and will always be remembered fondly (least by me).

Thanks! Agreed. :)

well i can test too if you want just send me a pm

Please see Snigs' post a few posts back and send him the info he asks for in that post if you're interested. Thanks. :)

I attempted some font hacking while others were doing testing without expecting too much, and surprisingly, managed to get a working font hack. The original font is on top; patched font on bottom.

zn5R1ST.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't do anything about the overflows; it seems that the game engine forces each letter to have a fixed minimum width, so I think this is the best we can do. Let me know how the font looks!

Last edited by the database,

Burai-ha

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unfortunately I couldn't do anything about the overflows; it seems that the game engine forces each letter to have a fixed minimum width, so I think this is the best we can do. Let me know how the font looks!

Sorry but, what's "Bose"?
Anyway, the font looks a lot more natural than before:)

Burai-ha

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bose is a region in the game.
Oh, I confused it with "Boss" because it's spelled "bosu" in katakana.
Thank you for the clarification.

EDIT: As to the overflows... have you tried to use the font file from the Asian version? Probably nonsensical, but maybe they changed something while translating from Japanese to Chinese.

Last edited by Burai-ha,

TonyFoxTruth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Thanks! Agreed. :)

Please see Snigs' post a few posts back and send him the info he asks for in that post if you're interested. Thanks. :)

I attempted some font hacking while others were doing testing without expecting too much, and surprisingly, managed to get a working font hack. The original font is on top; patched font on bottom.

zn5R1ST.jpg

well i sended a mail to Snigs and im still waiting response

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig