Hacking Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution [Translation Port]

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still testing. Found and fixed lots of bugs so far. There were some challenges but nothing show-stopping. Currently there are very few bugs remaining, but we may find more as testing continues.

I'm out of town for a few weeks starting today, but testing will continue without me. If testing is completed and no more major bugs are found, we'll be ready to release at that time.

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not really related to this: I heard there are mods that basically turn Trailsn in the Sky FC and Trails in the Sky SC for PC into the Evolution version (Vita) with adding voice acting. I've found a youtuber who made a let's play with that mod, but i seem not to be able to find a souce for the mod or if it truly exists.

If the mod exists, does the team plan on doing the same thing for Trails in the Sky 3rd?

Of cause i'll wait for this project to finish before i replay FC, i don't want to play the beforementioned mods, I'm rather curious if there is any EVO mod for 3rd in the making. Sry to ask this in this thread, but this mod was mentioned in this thread already, so i'm sure someone knows about it.

Burai-ha

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not really related to this: I heard there are mods that basically turn Trailsn in the Sky FC and Trails in the Sky SC for PC into the Evolution version (Vita) with adding voice acting. I've found a youtuber who made a let's play with that mod, but i seem not to be able to find a souce for the mod or if it truly exists.

If the mod exists, does the team plan on doing the same thing for Trails in the Sky 3rd?

Of cause i'll wait for this project to finish before i replay FC, i don't want to play the beforementioned mods, I'm rather curious if there is any EVO mod for 3rd in the making. Sry to ask this in this thread, but this mod was mentioned in this thread already, so i'm sure someone knows about it.

Well, I heard a voice patch for the 3rd is in the works, but it should be easy enough to create one alone with some tinkering.
The point is that voices are not the only improvement present in the Evolution versions, so this team(mainly one user) will probably focus on these remakes.

Last edited by Burai-ha,

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I heard a voice patch for the 3rd is in the works, but it should be easy enough to create one alone with some tinkering.
The point is that voices are not the only improvement present in the Evolution versions, so this team(mainly one user) will probably focus on these remakes.
Any links to the project?

D

Deleted User

I think things to do with adding voices are an entirely different thing.
This mod and thread is focused on the insertion of the english language into the Japanese Evolution versions.
I also don't think its 'easy enough', the dialogue timing is different due to the voices, and the original game has no code to kickoff the voices or to search for the voice files at all, making the evolution version seems like it'd be easier than putting Japanese voices into a game that didn't originally contain the framework for the voices to be inserted. Certainly possible but I highly doubt its a simple process until someone has automated a bit of the process.

I'd imagine once FC is done, the same user will potentially move onto SC and 3rd considering the frameworks are largely the same with some small changes (that have been discussed already).

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
I think things to do with adding voices are an entirely different thing.
This mod and thread is focused on the insertion of the english language into the Japanese Evolution versions.
I also don't think its 'easy enough', the dialogue timing is different due to the voices, and the original game has no code to kickoff the voices or to search for the voice files at all, making the evolution version seems like it'd be easier than putting Japanese voices into a game that didn't originally contain the framework for the voices to be inserted. Certainly possible but I highly doubt its a simple process until someone has automated a bit of the process.

I'd imagine once FC is done, the same user will potentially move onto SC and 3rd considering the frameworks are largely the same with some small changes (that have been discussed already).

he will do SC and TC chapter as well although he need helps so we have to cheers for him :)

we need after that Ao & Zero and the dream come true *__*

thanks for this amazing project :)

Burai-ha

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually, it is easy enough. BUT I misunderstood the question, because I was talking about the PSP voices(that basically consist of some small battle dialogues).
It would surely be difficult for the Evolution voices to be inserted, although the user above was talking about a youtuber(?).

I personally think the Evolution versions are better anyway(portability is my thing).

D

Deleted User

he will do SC and TC chapter as well although he need helps so we have to cheers for him :)

we need after that Ao & Zero and the dream come true *__*

thanks for this amazing project :)

Yup after this I'd imagine SC and TC.
I've offered to help out with the SC graphics, but TC... I don't think I want to jump into that one until I've finished or actually started the game at least.

Ao and Zero will be interesting, I'm wondering what their fate will be translation wise.

Reactions: wakabayashy

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got back from vacation a few days ago and needed a few days to recover from jetlag and get caught up on other things.

Just a brief update for now -- testing was being done while I was away, and we're up to around 15 bugs now. Most of them are minor, but still important to take care of before release (for example, there was a single line found in the story dialogue that was still in Japanese so far). I've resumed work on this this week, and will probably get a good chunk done this weekend.

As for the PC version, I haven't heard of any mods that successfully add the Evo voices at the moment. To create such a mod, there are basically two problems that need to be solved: 1) hack the game engine to allow playing custom sound files and 2) map the voice files to the lines in the game. I've basically already done #2 as part of this vita project, but #1 is beyond my expertise. Still, I think that PC mod would be much easier than this translation project. It certainly wouldn't require over 6 months of time, which I did spend on this vita project so far. I know that the Trails to Zero fan translation will support an optional patch with Evo voices, and I believe they already showed working samples with added voices. If someone solves #1 for Trails in the Sky on PC, I'd be willing to contribute the mapping of voices to lines, but otherwise, I don't plan to work on a voice patch for the PC version. That's time I would rather spend working on the Vita versions of SC or 3rd.

As for Zero and Azure, I will only work on the Evolution versions them if XSEED manages to bring over the original versions to PC. So please buy the Trails games on PC to support them and make that more likely.

Last edited by the database,

awvnx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the PC version, I haven't heard of any mods that successfully add the Evo voices at the moment. To create such a mod, there are basically two problems that need to be solved: 1) hack the game engine to allow playing custom sound files
From the earlier forum post on heroesoflegend.org, there's a tool for adding Evo voices for Zero and Ao to the PC version. It can probably be adapted for FC/SC.

http://www.heroesoflegend.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=249&start=20#p2480

Last edited by awvnx,

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've found a translated version of this on some site... It was uploaded only recently, so i though it may be this project. But i don't see any release post here, so i don't know what the hell i donloaded.

I'm just confused, sry if my post is redundant.

Last edited by moonblood666,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: