Hacking Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution [Translation Port]

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I guess that means the font kerning is actually built into the eboot, and the processes that load the font file. And I looked into it, and you're right. The vitafont file is very similar in structure to the PSPFont file. Almost like the same format under a different name. Also using the CrystalTile2 settings for the PSPFont file on the vitafont file works.

Also what about work on the Recipe Book? It has different descriptions in Japanese than in English because the English ones were shortened due to space constraints. I can still translate the changed descriptions if you need me too.

Last edited by AttackOtter,

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention that I did fix the recipe entries manually already. It didn't take too long because there are only 58 recipes.

Snigs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, hey! I was planning on trying to do this on my own later this year when I had more bandwidth to actually do stuff. :P Is there anyway I can help? I'm a semi competent Python/Java programmer (with not enough patience to learn enough Japanese to play these games untranslated).

PM me or something if you want to be able to chat somewhere/get my email. I'd love to help!!

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, hey! I was planning on trying to do this on my own later this year when I had more bandwidth to actually do stuff. :P Is there anyway I can help? I'm a semi competent Python/Java programmer (with not enough patience to learn enough Japanese to play these games untranslated).

PM me or something if you want to be able to chat somewhere/get my email. I'd love to help!!

Always good to see more interest in this. If you use Discord, that's probably the easiest way to chat with me. I'm on the Falcom Discord under the same username -- feel free to message me there and we'll see what you can help with.

raze2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi, are you me? Pretty much the same story. Can't speak a lick of Japanese (am slowly going through RTK atm), but I got plenty of programming experience. This is my favorite RPG series and If I can make this and future games' translations easier for people, I'd love to try and make some tools.

...at least, a few months from now. This quarter at school is gonna be pretty rough as is. I've been lurking for a couple months, but I can't really commit to anything until March or so.

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, are you me? Pretty much the same story. Can't speak a lick of Japanese (am slowly going through RTK atm), but I got plenty of programming experience. This is my favorite RPG series and If I can make this and future games' translations easier for people, I'd love to try and make some tools.

...at least, a few months from now. This quarter at school is gonna be pretty rough as is. I've been lurking for a couple months, but I can't really commit to anything until March or so.

You sound like me about 5-6 years ago. :P I self studied Japanese, partly with RTK, while I was in studying comp sci in college (solely in order to play Sora SC at first, and then I played every Kiseki game after that).

RTK was definitely a game-changer for me -- I probably wouldn't be so comfortable with kanji now if not for RTK. But I also realized that rather than going through all 2K or so kanji, I probably only needed to do "RTK Lite" (some kanji koohii forum users compiled a smaller list of 800-1000 of the most important kanji into what they called "RTK Lite"). I recommend looking into it if the full RTK looks like too much.

I could definitely use your help when you have time. Just send me a message here or on the Falcom discord (same username as here).

Status update? Things are still going well?

Yes, things are moving, but slowly. As I mentioned in an earlier post, these are the items remaining:

Work that remains:

1. Fix t_book01 and t_book02 image positions in the Liberal Times books
2. Patch eboot.bin with about 500 strings -- probably the most difficult part
3. I found around 200 lines in scenario files that were newly added for Evo; these need to be translated
4. See if we can apply any font hacks to fit more text in a line, or settle with what we have if it proves too difficult
5. Graphics

Currently I've been working on item #3. This has been challenging because when I'm editing the scenario lines, I don't actually know which character is saying which line. I'm not sure how to tell besides actually playing that part in the game, but many of these lines are from much later in the game, so I can't always do that. Also I've usually been limited to working on this on the weekends as I've been busier with work on weekdays recently. I'm around 20% done with item #3 right now.

Is there anything you'd like to help with?

Last edited by the database,
Reactions: dmc310

foubou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Amazing work guys ! Bravo !

I want to translate Trails in the Sky FC in French.

Here are the translation tools for people who want to translate FC in another language :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nuzharbumdhmfxc/Translation%20Tools.zip?dl=0

Follow the steps in "How to use" file to make it work.

Send me PM if you encounter trouble.

Screenshots :
french http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=781153FCbeginningfrench.jpg
spanish http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=541194spanishFC.jpg
german http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=288887germanFC.jpg

It can only edit the ._SN files.

I still need to edit the menu, the ._DT files, the texts in the exe file,...

Would you like to help me ?

Last edited by foubou,

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing work guys ! Bravo !

I want to translate Trails in the Sky FC in French.

Here are the translation tools for people who want to translate FC in another language :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nuzharbumdhmfxc/Translation%20Tools.zip?dl=0

Follow the steps in "How to use" file to make it work.

Send me PM if you encounter trouble.

Screenshots :
french http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=781153FCbeginningfrench.jpg
spanish http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=541194spanishFC.jpg
german http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=288887germanFC.jpg

It can only edit the ._SN files.

I still need to edit the menu, the ._DT files, the texts in the exe file,...

Would you like to help me ?

Are you a programmer? I recommend writing a python script to work with the ._DT files, which mostly have a simple file structure. Ribose describes the way many of them are formatted in this comment. I wrote some scripts that work for FC Evolution, but the formats are slightly different from the PC version, so they wouldn't work.

In other news, I've completed translating the 200 scenario lines. @Snigs has agreed to look over my translations and edit them, which is a big help. He has also started working translations for the eboot.bin. Here is the translated settings page that he got working:

UPo4LpF.jpg

johnny1233465487

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it doesnt matter but I have completed all 5 kiseki games that are in jap (FC/SC/3rd/Zero/Ao)

With save clear datas available for NG+ if anyone needs

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it doesnt matter but I have completed all 5 kiseki games that are in jap (FC/SC/3rd/Zero/Ao)

With save clear datas available for NG+ if anyone needs

Thanks. The save clear data for FC would actually be useful for testing the translation of the text when starting NG+.

A small update -- I finished the t_book fixes so that Liberl Times image positions are correct now. Work that remains:

1. Patch eboot.bin with about 500 strings -- Initial TL is done, need to test every single one as they appear in game.
  2. 200 lines in scenario files that were newly added for Evo --Initial TL is done, awaiting editing from Snigs.
  3. Font hacks to fit more text in a line? -- Probably too hard and will skip.
  4. Graphics -- Zander did some work, Dan Tsukasa is helping, and I will probably start working on some of these soon too.
  5. Bug fixes -- Snigs identified several bugs and I've fixed a lot of them so far (for example, weird things like receiving the wrong item as a BP reward from the guild). No idea how long this part will take since it depends on how many bugs we find.

Reactions: Windalgo and Diag

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got started on graphics editing. It was pretty difficult dealing with the image format, which is BMP 8-bit with support for transparency. I had to write python scripts to read and write the format in order to have the game show the edited images correctly. Here's the battle interface before and after:

kisekifc_30_cs1w1_720x.jpg

4TIFDxT.jpg

HR1Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to post some encouragement and thanks for working on this project. I've been holding off playing the PSP version so I can experience this gem on Vita so I'm really looking forward to this. Keep up the great work!

Reactions: Firion Hope

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also super excited for this. Waited to play this series until the two games xseed skipped started translation, and now I get to play a voiced version of the first games too

Reactions: Burai-ha

the database

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to post some encouragement and thanks for working on this project. I've been holding off playing the PSP version so I can experience this gem on Vita so I'm really looking forward to this. Keep up the great work!

You're doing some awesome work! :yay:

I'm also super excited for this. Waited to play this series until the two games xseed skipped started translation, and now I get to play a voiced version of the first games too

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it.

I spent the past two days doing nothing but graphics editing, and I believe I'm 100% done with all graphics now. It was pretty grueling and I don't want to look at Photoshop for a while now. :P

Work that remains --
  1. Patch eboot.bin with about 500 strings -- Initial TL is done, need to test every single one as they appear in game.
  2. 200 lines in scenario files that were newly added for Evo --Initial TL is done, awaiting editing from Snigs.
  3. Bug fixes.
Getting close to the end. If there are no show-stopping bugs, maybe this will be finished before Trails in the Sky the 3rd drops in May. We'll see (no promises).

Last edited by the database,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5