Hacking EFA Linker 256mb

saulat_99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my first cartridge and am having issues with it. I have windows xp and cant seem to get the driver installed. I tried doing it in safe mode as was suggested in places. I also tried numerous times to install from the found new hardware wizard. The first screen asks to connect to windows update which I click no and then next. I then click to install from a specific location and on the next screen to choose the driver myself without searching. It says to select a hardware type which I clicked all hardware types. It asks to select the device driver I want to install and I click have disk and browse to the efa_driver folder. This does not work. I have release version 2.81 for the cartridge. Thanks for any help.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try it in another USB port. Try unplugging all other USB devices and then re-trying. Sometimes USB flash kits can be a pain in the backside.

Also, I hope you don't have an Nvidia Nforce chipset on your motherboard, otherwise, even if you do get it installed; it won't work!
frown.gif

saulat_99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I do have an Nvidia chip set. Its a pain to try taking all those out but I will. I have two usb 1.0 slots and then a pcmcia slot expansion adding 4 usb 2.0 slots. I know I have an nvidia graphics card. Its a dell 8200 inspiron P4.

Is the cart/software compatible with macs?

Maybe I will try selling it and getting a new card or just trying a different computer.

saulat_99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, yeah...

Is there another version of the drivers that would work or be easier to install. I had issues downloading anything from the main site and found the aforementioned version on a separate site.

saulat_99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem solved. I emailed jandaman, the place I purchased from. They replied and informed me to use one of the drivers from their site. The EFA simple client worked for me and it is now charging.

saulat_99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I just think I should have waited till I was paid and got a larger one. It works great I am playing with it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up