EDM 020 Fan connector traceback

dandylionking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone knows where the 3 pins on the fan connector traceback to as i've just had a console come in with a super glued fan connector, the fan spins constantly and the pads are too badly damaged to repair so just wondering if theres a point i can traceback to, to get PWM back as clearly its just on constant.

Thanks

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
1705605518604.png
this is for EDM-010 board, I dont think there are any change from this to EDM-020. you can take a picture of the back of wifi module area and compare the location where the PWM test point from this picture

Otofont

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since the fan is spinning constantly, it seems like the PWM control isn't functioning correctly. Without a schematic, it's tough to provide exact trace points, but you might want to look for test points or alternative solder pads on the motherboard that connect to the same lines as the fan connector. If you have access to a multimeter, you could try tracing the continuity from the connector pins to other points on the board.

Hope this points you in the right direction and good luck with the repair!

Reactions: dandylionking

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol